Home

Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang

This is a discussion on Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #17
Pro

iJayBoogyBoogysszs's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Green releases are much rarer in NBA 2K16 and also no longer 100%

just because you get a excellent release doesn't mean you should automatically make the shot what people don't understand is that a excellent release means you shot the ball at the highest and best point of their jump shot nba players release the ball excellent most of time but their shot doesn't always go in

in other words great news for 2k16 and great step for improving the mechanics
Old 08-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Yup. Once guys start missing wide open green releases, all hell is gonna break loose.

Bingo. Even the people who are happy with the news are bound to get frustrated at some point especially if it happens often. I can't wait until 2k16 drops though. I look forward to it!
Old 08-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #19
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
I hope they tune down penalty for not hitting green though...In online play on HoF it's really really hard to get a green release.
What you said! And TBH, the quality of the shot (open or contested) should matter much more than the timing anyway IMO. That was a big issue for me in 2K15. It seemed like as long as you knew the release the type of defense played didn't really matter online. I'm not saying don't make the timing significant because that's important too. It makes it imperative to learn how to play with a specific team.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 08-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #20
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Then that's their problem. Green releases should've never been 100% in the first place. I'm quite sure most NBA players know their own shot releases, yet that doesn't ever result in every shot they throw up going in. Green releases should only mean that the user got open and got the shot release correct at its peak in order to set themselves up for the best chance for the shot to fall. That's it.
Open jumpshots in an NBA game for an average NBA player should be around 50%-70%. Open 3 pointers around 40-50. That's on perfect release with NO contest.

Not even Michael Jordan was knocking down 100% of his open uncontested jumpers.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #21
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Green releases are much rarer in NBA 2K16 and also no longer 100%

This will be a huge problem if the cpu can constantly hit bad shots while being completely smothered on defense... While at the same time.... we cannot hit wide-open jumpers with a 'green release', unless there is a defender within arms reach.

All 'green releases' shouldn't go in automatically.

But neither should contested shots either. :smh:

If there is a balance it will work.... But if gamers feel it is too 'one-sided' in favor of the cpu.... Smh.

Last edited by Roger_Black; 08-11-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 11:49 AM   #22
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

There have been battles even internally over missed green releases, especially now that they're so hard to get. I really think it's an unsolvable problem. The best news I can give you is that our shots engineer has made just about every knob I use to tune shooting modifiable on the server side post release just like a roster update. So if there's something the community isn't happy with I can tweak the system and update your games without the need for a patch. So what happened with patch 4 last year will never happen again.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:59 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
There have been battles even internally over missed green releases, especially now that they're so hard to get. I really think it's an unsolvable problem. The best news I can give you is that our shots engineer has made just about every knob I use to tune shooting modifiable on the server side post release just like a roster update. So if there's something the community isn't happy with I can tweak the system and update your games without the need for a patch. So what happened with patch 4 last year will never happen again.

Being that they are so hard to get it wouldn't really hurt for Greens to have a high success rate then would it? Being able to Tweak without a patch sounds good though.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #24
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
What you said! And TBH, the quality of the shot (open or contested) should matter much more than the timing anyway IMO. That was a big issue for me in 2K15. It seemed like as long as you knew the release the type of defense played didn't really matter online. I'm not saying don't make the timing significant because that's important too. It makes it imperative to learn how to play with a specific team.
You know that the harder the shot is, the harder it is to get a perfect release? In our online league, when I take a 3 pointer off the dribble or against a defender, it is hard to even get a yellow release. getting a perfect one there is nearly impossible. But I think that depends on the sliders. We use HoF/Sim...When playing quick match or myteam I guess the sliders are too "easy".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »