Home

PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #9
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
Happy to see PES being discussed on these OS boards. I want to like PES, but like stated by many, it seems so chaotic. Also, the 30fps vids dont do the game any justice, cause it is much smoother in 60fps. But still, the play seems chaotic a lot of times.

Also, to me it seems that the defence is too good at catching up with offensive players. If a guy like Robben is on the loose, there should be no way he can be caught up (I am looking at you Sergio Ramos ), but in PES - and to a lesser extend in FIFA - you cant break lose like in real life.

I cant play the demo till september because of work, but I would love to read impressions here on the OS boards.
You have to use different touches to stay ahead of the players if you want to break away. Speed looks more pronounced in 16 from that perspective. PES 14 & 15 was big on momentum. Certain players like Hazard, Neymar, and Messi (to name a few) could change directions much quicker and explode away from players. With different touches you can run away from defenders.

The overall pace of game is MUCH better than FIFA on default but it's slowly moving towards FIFA's breakneck pace (maybe trying to appeal to the youtube crowds). Luckily w/ FIFA you can tinker with more settings than just speed that will slow the action down to your liking.

Keepers looked much better in these videos but still hardly any fouls in there. Players also slide making certain animations look off which generate unrealistic results (overpowered shots for example).

Much like PES 2015 & FIFA 15 the key will be in the tactics/team management and whether or not they work. The AI did look pretty strong, especially considering the assistance level the user was playing on.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:36 AM   #10
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Playstation Access has a very nice gameplay video up as well.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #11
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More

Lack of fouls and the defence line being a little all over the place is worrisome in those videos. PES has also been having the issue for a while when defenders feel the need to pull themselves out of position to mark an attacker breaking toward goal. Nevertheless, the demo will be here soon and I am looking forward to playing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #12
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Lack of fouls and the defence line being a little all over the place is worrisome in those videos. PES has also been having the issue for a while when defenders feel the need to pull themselves out of position to mark an attacker breaking toward goal. Nevertheless, the demo will be here soon and I am looking forward to playing it.
This can be changed in defensive tactics. I'm pretty sure you automatically begin the game with the defensive back line playing aggressively rather than conservatively. People need to meddle with tactics much more it seems.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Playstation Access has a very nice gameplay video up as well.
I dont get it why these vids are 30fps instead of 60fps..
Old 08-11-2015, 11:55 AM   #14
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
This can be changed in defensive tactics. I'm pretty sure you automatically begin the game with the defensive back line playing aggressively rather than conservatively. People need to meddle with tactics much more it seems.
That is probably the case but that just makes more work for us, which probably means the team tactics are going to be all over the place just like last year.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #15
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
That is probably the case but that just makes more work for us, which probably means the team tactics are going to be all over the place just like last year.
Hopefully the menus are easier to deal with when it comes to accessing them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #16
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I was so high on PES.

But lack of sliders and fouls has steered me away.

The game plays too much like bumper cars. Guys getting knocked over and knocked down left & right.

I've seen less than 5 fouls total in all of the videos I've watched including vs. CPU.

Very disappointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »