Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.02 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.02 Available Now, Details Included within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #9
Rookie

JayBillups36's Arena

OVR: 0
Calendar for career please? Can we get a playoff hole for ties ... jesus
Old 08-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #10
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.02 Available Now, Details Included

Updated the OP w/ more fixes.

HANDSWARD_EA mentioned this on the EA Forums.

Quote:
There's a lot more than just this high level list. I'm not gonna detail every single fix (there were about 150 bug fixes in total in this patch) but I can try to give a better idea on some of the bigger ticket items.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-11-2015, 11:51 AM   #11
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Nice!! That's awesome we don't have to restart career mode. Thanks EA!

Excited to go home and try this out tonight after work. I'm hoping the reduced flickering means a reduction in the way the grass appears sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 12:21 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 2

Did I miss a fix on the golf ball hovering above the hole or rolling over the hole when it is hit softly?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play on XB1 with the advanced swing mechanic. I find that once maybe every 3-5 holes, on the forward swing there is a massive framerate hitch, that results in negative 11-12% power on my swing and usually a slice as well. Seems to happen most often on my tee shot, though I've seen it on other shots as well, including putts. It's extremely frustrating, as it always ends up costing at least 1 stroke.

Does anyone else experience this problem? Any chance it got fixed with this update? It's probably been my biggest issue with the game - other than that I'm having a lot of fun with it. Finally made my first cut this weekend.

Would love to see that issue fixed and more customization options for my created golfer. I can't get him to look ANYTHING like me with the current options. How about facial hair for starters?
Old 08-11-2015, 01:10 PM   #14

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Happy to hear that Scottsdale is added to career mode my only concern is that the fictitious courses are placeholders for DLC because that would mean only one more event in the career could be a new course added by DLC (might be 3, can't remember for sure).

Also feel the need to ask what the point of the night stuff was if you couldn't build up XP prior to this update?
Old 08-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #15
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

From what I've seen so far, I like the update. I wasn't pleased that it took an hour and a half to download, but once it did I went to town. I fired a quick 60 in the 1st Round of the PGA at Whistling Straits in Pro Career, then shot a 42 at Scottsdale with Rory, from the ladies' tees, with focus arc turned on. I was too slow to snap a screenshot of the scorecard, but I had two aces, making it 3 total so far in this game, all 3 of which came today. I had one at Chambers Bay with Rory while I waited for the update to completely finish downloading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 01:33 PM   #16
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Designer

HANDSWARD_EA's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Happy to hear that Scottsdale is added to career mode my only concern is that the fictitious courses are placeholders for DLC because that would mean only one more event in the career could be a new course added by DLC (might be 3, can't remember for sure).
We don't have to replace an existing tournament to add a new one. We can increase the size of the career schedule over time. The way we built the mode, there are 52 weeks for us to put events in. If a week doesn't have an event, it gets ignored and skipped.

So with this update, the career schedule has expanded by 1 tournament, from 16 to 17 tournaments. The Phoenix Open is the new addition.

The plan for the next update is to expand it to 19 tournaments. A second tournament will be added for TPC Scottsdale and a new tournament will be added for East Lake. Both of these events will be fictional events (I think we are calling them the Arizona Classic and the Peach Invitational). On top of that, the Season Finale which is played at TPC Sawgrass will be changed to the TOUR Championship presented by Coca Cola and be played at East Lake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »