Home

Big Changes in Official MLB 15 The Show Roster Update, Designer Explains the Details

This is a discussion on Big Changes in Official MLB 15 The Show Roster Update, Designer Explains the Details within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #9
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanreyes
Joe Panik and Kolten Wong need, NEED to be higher than 81's. They should both be in the Upper 80's. Same goes for Bogaerts and Crawford. Schwarber needs to go up to at least the high 70's, Tomas should be in the low to mid 80's, Burns should be higher, Boxberger should be higher, Smyly should be higher, and Matt Duffy should be higher. If Carlos Correa is that high, all the other good rookies should be getting buffs too.

Goldschmidt, Posey, Greinke and Harper should be 99's, Donaldson should be a little better too.
Lol Kolten Wong higher than 81? What? 81 is generous. Nothing about is stats show that he is deserving of a higher ovr.

And obviously you don't understand how The Show ratings work if you think that 4 more guys should be 99 ovr.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:55 PM   #10
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Big Changes in Official MLB 15 The Show Roster Update, Designer Explains the Deta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus
I fail to see how McCutchen regressed when his power numbers are on point to match or break his numbers last year. It's still hilarious how Starling Marte isn't 90+ speed. Or how he has only average fielding (that alone is laughable) and ONLY 83 arm strength? Yikes.
Pirates fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland24
Why did Matt Harvey go down? Dumb.
Mets fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengedAgainst
Wow, Cardinals got snubbed. Jaime down after 7 INN, 2 HA, 4 BBI, 5 K, W, QS. Carpenter down after monster two weeks in a row. Grichuk still doesn't exist yet he has better numbers than Kris Bryant
Cardinals fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior_97
Gray git snubbed big time. Two complete games in his last 3 starts. Best ERA in the AL. And he goes down?
A's fan?

This is an easy game....
Old 08-10-2015, 11:15 PM   #11
Rookie

RevisIsland24's Arena

Of course I'm a Mets fan. The fact that Harvey's been pitching well lately, and they drop him to a 91, that's a bit ridiculous. Also, deGrom is underrated. He's having a better year than Scherzer, who's a 97, and is still under a 90 overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 12:07 AM   #12
Rookie

I love the update, it drastically changes the teams rankings when going into franchise mode.

Also, I'm not sure if someone from Daddy Leagues is on here but I would really appreciate it if they can list player "potential" numbers along with their attributes.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:24 AM   #13
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Re: Big Changes in Official MLB 15 The Show Roster Update, Designer Explains the Deta

Quote:
Of course I'm a Mets fan. The fact that Harvey's been pitching well lately, and they drop him to a 91, that's a bit ridiculous.
What's more ridiculous is that you didn't read the article. It Clearly says that they used the same formula they would for a out of the box roster. So no they didn't drop him, the algorithm did. He was overrated before (which the weekly updates before were done by manual changes).

Edit: After Looking at all the comments about players going down, how do you guys just skip over the article and not read it?
Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited by underdog13; 08-11-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:20 PM   #14
Rookie

RevisIsland24's Arena

@underdog13 Who are you, again?
Old 08-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #15
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

How is CC still a 79? He shouldn't be higher than 70.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 10:26 PM   #16

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Of course I'm a Mets fan. The fact that Harvey's been pitching well lately, and they drop him to a 91, that's a bit ridiculous. Also, deGrom is underrated. He's having a better year than Scherzer, who's a 97, and is still under a 90 overall.
No, no he's not

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »