Home

PES 2016 Demo Gameplay Video - Brazil vs. France

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Demo Gameplay Video - Brazil vs. France within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2015, 02:39 AM   #9
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: PES 2016 Demo Gameplay Video - Brazil vs. France

Quote:
Originally Posted by arRR
Yep the foul system is broken but this demo is freaking fun. I'm sure konami gonna fix it.

What makes you so sure fouls are going to be fixed?

Why do people keep making statements like "I'm sure company X will fix it on release date" or something to that extent.

PES fans have been wanting Konami to fix two things that I keep hearing about and neither fouls nor drastically improved goalies are ever present either during the demo or retail release.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-14-2015, 03:29 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arRR
Yep the foul system is broken but this demo is freaking fun. I'm sure konami gonna fix it.
Yeah why should they fix it for sure? They didn't fix the same issue last year after loads of inquiries. The final build was the same like the demo and the only things they changed was more faces and gear. I think it's either a marketing thing to please the casuals (imho pointless) or the Fox engine can't get it right. Why creating a football game without fouls? Anyway lower your expectations... Most probably they won't fix it. Maybe they can't.

Last edited by 81chrisso; 08-14-2015 at 03:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:36 AM   #11
Rookie

If I was a community manager, I would monitor these boards and answer questions or explain why fouls are as they are right now. Not making a statement about it - ok, the demo just got released - makes me think they cant fix it.

Free kicks are just as important to soccer as corner kicks. Not having them in the game enough, makes no sense at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 05:25 AM   #12
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
If I was a community manager, I would monitor these boards and answer questions or explain why fouls are as they are right now. Not making a statement about it - ok, the demo just got released - makes me think they cant fix it.

Free kicks are just as important to soccer as corner kicks. Not having them in the game enough, makes no sense at all.
You expect Bhatti coming here and explaining?
PC consumers had enough of his lies the last couple years.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:46 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
You expect Bhatti coming here and explaining?
PC consumers had enough of his lies the last couple years.
I think Bhatti is very choosy in to what Q's he likes to respond to and the ones he dodges. But gameplay stuff like fouls - and he told us many many many times that it is all about gameplay - should be addressed. Especially since most people who played the demo really like it, except for the lack of fouls and thus free kicks.

So yeah, he should come forward and say: thanks for the feedback and we are gonna use this last month of development to address this issue and make this the ultimate soccer title for you all to enjoy.

Just my 2 cents of course.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #14
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Man this just became a bash Adam Bhatti thread. What about the demo (other than fouls because we discussed that already). Anything else you notice good or bad? I love these forums and threads but sometimes we get way off track.

And my 2 cents is they do listen as goalkeepers have been improved quite a bit over last years game. I like them where they are with a little bit of error but I think that is just opinion. Some like them better and worse than others.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
Man this just became a bash Adam Bhatti thread. What about the demo (other than fouls because we discussed that already). Anything else you notice good or bad? I love these forums and threads but sometimes we get way off track.

And my 2 cents is they do listen as goalkeepers have been improved quite a bit over last years game. I like them where they are with a little bit of error but I think that is just opinion. Some like them better and worse than others.
Agreed. We all just want the best game possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #16
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Got an ample amount of time in last night and here were my thoughts thus far:

Pros:
-The game looks incredible. No more framerate issues or motion blur. The crowd looks much better, and the player animations are a vast improvement from last year. It really is one of the smoothest looking games I've ever played.

-AI is still great. Very fluid off ball movement, creating tons of awesome scoring opportunities. Guys make cuts without user input, and defensively I felt like they were playing the passing lanes better and closing off space.

-Celebrations are far better than last year, I love having options.

-Controls are more responsive. I still find a few of the skill moves to be a little slow, but last year stepovers were on almost a full second delay, so I'll take what I can get here. FIFA is still far ahead in terms of real time input response though. The deft touch dribble still feels clunky to me, and less effective than it was a couple of years ago, but oh well.

Cons:

-Fouls. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I've taken about 3 FKs in about 8 games. Yet to see so much as a yellow card. For all the great things about the game, this is a crucial omission. They have to figure this out or it basically becomes an arcade game.

-Keepers are still pretty bad. They struggle on the low finesse shots, and I've had a couple of horrific own goals already as well. Not sure if the shot accuracy needs nerfing, or if the GK ability needs improvement, but there just haven't been that many missed shots so far, from me or the CPU.

All in all, I'm loving the demo. That being said, the fouls issue is like having a huge scratch down the middle of a Ferrari. Hopefully they can make some progress here, it would be a real shame otherwise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »