Home

Post-Game Podcast - NBA Live 16 Pro-Am Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on Post-Game Podcast - NBA Live 16 Pro-Am Hands-On Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #9
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Post-Game Podcast - NBA Live 16 Pro-Am Hands-On Impressions

As far as we know, you still have to wait for park, while pro am has matchmaking. Of course if this changes it will change accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
I appreciate your viewpoint man. Look, I'm a huge sim-head who loves authenticity, and while I loved NBA 2K15 (it was my fav sports game last year by far), I think there is a limit to what "sim" should entitle.

While I want authenticity, at the end of the day, this is still a video game and I want the experience to be fun. I had fun once I was playing, but waiting is not my idea of a "sim experience". To me, it's a confusing design choice because people WANT to play your game and LOVE playing your game, so why make them wait? I don't have that kind of time, so for me, it's not very accessible. If we're looking for that kind of sim, where you want to wait to play, I don't know if that's what I'm looking for - in my view anyways.

As for gameplay, I'm still under NDA for some areas of the game so I couldn't cover that in detail yet, but we will be sure to cover it in a future episode.

Thanks for listening!
It's all good. And you too have a point, but there has to be a give and take scenario. if these developers listen to us, they know before hand they can't come through on everything, but in trying to come close it's a hit or miss. Nobody likes waiting, but what I dislike more is clear disregard. Madden {I know diff game}, and 2k not making another football or college hoops game. Follow me, the disregard on madden is clear as day, they just don't listen much at all, let alone watch and copy what works from others.

2K on the NBA side is trying, and now you have a new kid on the block who has had the opp to sit back and analyze you. Any slip you make in the highly scrutinized consumer base will call for your blood. I don't blame 2K. The tried, and it may not work for anyone to wait, but they tried. Will Live have draft editable rosters, and share? what would've been better is for Live to make the game playable even if the gameplay sucks.

Allow us to edit almost everything till they got the gameplay up to PAR. Game managers will simulate and play franchise even if they cant play the game - look at OOTP baseball and other text games.

This is the disregard I'm talking about. They did all of this mode specific stuff to counter 2K, but 2K didn't do a great job on it. Why follow up and try to do it better, rather than do something that isn't being done. Or a mode that's has made their games relevant like association, and features such as roster creation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »