Home

The New Need For Speed Is Always Online, Here's Why...

This is a discussion on The New Need For Speed Is Always Online, Here's Why... within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The New Need For Speed Is Always Online, Here's Why...

Back in late May, Ghost Games confirmed the new Need For Speed would require an online connection, but didn't go much further than that.

Today, Marcus Nilsson, Ghost Games executive producer, revealed why the game needs to always be online, thanks to the Official Xbox Magazine and Gamesradar.

Quote:
...Marcus Nilsson explains the key to making it work is making it reactive to the player. "We’ve been pretty big with Autolog throughout the years and, as we know, it’s a really powerful feature," says Nilsson. "This time around we’re going to give it more of a human voice. It will treat your friend’s play as if it is part of the narrative experience."

The new entry, which promises to be the most expansive NFS yet, will also feature an automatic image sharing system. "We also have a new snapshot system as well," adds Nilsson. "Which is taking pictures of a lot of different moments – [they go] out to the Need for Speed network where people can ‘like’ them, and those likes are being pushed back into the game as currency. So you get progression from sharing your photos. The Xbox One has really good built-in systems to make videos and stream them, which we are also going to use."

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the Need For Speed page.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2015, 01:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The New Need For Speed is Always Online, Here's Why...

It feels like devs are trying too hard to be creative which is resulting in games going backwards. Not all games, but too many games are trying to be so big now and they end up getting tunnel vision even when trying to be wide open and it ends up being more limited than not.

― Plato
Old 08-09-2015, 06:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It feels like devs are trying too hard to be creative which is resulting in games going backwards. Not all games, but too many games are trying to be so big now and they end up getting tunnel vision even when trying to be wide open and it ends up being more limited than not.
Agreed man
Old 08-09-2015, 07:29 PM   #4
Rookie

PackerBacker123's Arena

OVR: 6
And thus continues the downfall of the racing genre, was really looking foward to this too.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:19 PM   #5
Rookie

They need to get back into getting driving to feel like driving,it's pretty unrealistic to have a damn real world car barrel through ,stop signs and other cars and light poles like its the batmobile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 11:47 PM   #6
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Re: The New Need For Speed Is Always Online, Here's Why...

I don't like racing games but I always loved Need for Speed. I was excited to see this on my Amazon recommendations. I was 2 seconds away from pre-ordering this and Fallout 4 (not a fan of Fallout either but I am becoming more open as a gamer as I get older). I am not playing an always online game on my PS4, sorry. I don't like the concept. I have 105 mbps Internet but we should have a choice of offline and online play not just one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »