Home

Madden NFL 16 Gameplay Video: Cowboys vs. Eagles (First Quarter)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Gameplay Video: Cowboys vs. Eagles (First Quarter) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2015, 08:09 AM   #17
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 16 Gameplay Video: Cowboys vs. Eagles (First Quarter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezatron
Thing that probably annoys me the most is still the order of the symbols corresponding to the play selections. When you're on auto pilot, the symbols are so counter intuitive as they feel like the wrong way round. I select the wrong play so many times a game.

Should be square, x, circle like always was
you can change that in the settings
Old 08-22-2015, 08:37 AM   #18
Banned

MountaineersSon's Arena

OVR: 0

I can't buy this game until they implement true step for every player on the field. Theanimations and momentum are horribly created. No weight, no foot planting. Players just spin on a dime and slide. Such an eye sore. Lastly, why do quarterbacks do this ridiculous squatting motion during their delivery? It looks so out of sync but maybe I'm the only person that recognizes it.

Shame because it's a pretty game.

Last edited by MountaineersSon; 08-22-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:31 AM   #19
MVP

I really hope the sliders work the same across all modes in order to streamline the adjustment process. Slider testing within CFM is kind of annoying to say the least, because you have to constantly back out of games to change them up.

The easiest way to test is to play in practice or training mode and change up the sliders while you're playing through the pause menu without having to fully back out of games (correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember being able to do this in a previous version of Madden) . However, if I recall correctly, the sliders would work different after you started your CFM for some reason.

Any suggestions on streamlining the slider adjustment process from the gurus out there? I think a big chunk of this 10 hours for me is going to be getting sliders set up for the actual release next week.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #20
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

Was going to buy this Madden for the first time in many years but this gameplay video was a complete turn off.

-Why is that "spin move" still in the game? The one in the kickoff where he plants on one foot and somehow spins into a FASTER run like he's slinging past Jupiter's gravity.

-Why are players still hunched over all the time? Cutscenes, pre play, running in the open field?

-Tackling animations looked as canned as ever. You can see when one animation stops and a new one begins. Once on the ground, there's a visible jolt to a player once the getting-back-to-his-feet animation starts. It's 2015.

-The commentary is just awful. This isn't an issue for me personally since I turn it off in all games immediately, but it's demonstrative of just how little progress has been made over the years in this series.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #21
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

One inaccuracy is, Eagles fans don't use "terrible towels" at the Linc. I might have seen this during a deep playoff run (2002 NFC title game ) but it's not something they typically do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 01:31 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I must be alone in this, but I've always felt the spin move has been way overpowered & unrealistic. Ones like the one pulled off on the opening kickoff are ridiculous. I mean is really even a spin? It's more like running at full sprint, planting one foot and pivoting off of it and into another sprint immediately after. No loss of speed, no losing of balance.

The Madden's of the 90's had more realistic spin moves. You'd press the B button and your player would stop in his place to pull off the spin move, but it was efficient in evading a tackle, and then you resume & take off upfield.
Actually, the realistic spin move has been implemented into the game, but on the flip side, they didn't remove the spin you're talking about. The spin you're referring to is definitely overpowered. If you want to see the realistic spin move, its the "modifier" spin. Hold the modifier button (left trigger on xbox 1) and it triggers the "simulation" spin move, not the arcade spin move lmao. It looks and feels great.

I personally don't use the overpowered/arcade spin for the same reasons you stated. Problem is, the CPU loves it and will not use the modifier spin to keep things looking realistic.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:13 AM   #23
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Actually, the realistic spin move has been implemented into the game, but on the flip side, they didn't remove the spin you're talking about. The spin you're referring to is definitely overpowered. If you want to see the realistic spin move, its the "modifier" spin. Hold the modifier button (left trigger on xbox 1) and it triggers the "simulation" spin move, not the arcade spin move lmao. It looks and feels great.

I personally don't use the overpowered/arcade spin for the same reasons you stated. Problem is, the CPU loves it and will not use the modifier spin to keep things looking realistic.
Good to know. Yeah I noticed in the video the first pass play to Witten he did a realistic spin move. I just figured his agility rating or whatever was too low to allow for the ridiculous spin move to be executed...
Old 08-23-2015, 12:24 PM   #24
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
One inaccuracy is, Eagles fans don't use "terrible towels" at the Linc. I might have seen this during a deep playoff run (2002 NFC title game ) but it's not something they typically do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley

Yeah I think all the fans at the stadiums are about the same, no matter where you go. It seems the team has tried to make the audio of certain stadiums unique, and maybe some fans are unique in GB with the cheeseheads etc. but overall they aren't at that level yet where the fans at each are truly unique.

And yeah I really like the modifier spin as well. I use the stick, so I do it via LT + spinning the stick. I did a really nice one with Jeremy Hill last night to bust a TD to the outside, that video series may end up on the site as well before Tuesday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »