Home

Madden NFL 16 Video: Draft Champions Full Draft

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Video: Draft Champions Full Draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2015, 10:59 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 16 Video: Draft Champions Full Draft

You can take a look as we take our first plunge into Draft Champions mode. Chase Becotte does the honors here as he takes his first turn at the new mode in Madden 16.

If you can't see the video above, click here. You can also check out the video on our recently revived YouTube account. Also like and subscribe if you want while you're there.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
Rookie

JsMcbain's Arena

OVR: 5
This video just conviinced me to get Madden this year, I was on the fence. Big hearthstone fan, I love the fact that you chose a coach first then you know which attributes to look for on players every round if you want to get that "chemistry" bonus. Excellent video. If I understand well the more games you win the more MUT coins you get? Is the mode free to enter or like hearthstone you pay some coins to enter the mode and risk to earn less if you lose right away?
Old 08-23-2015, 12:33 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 16 Video: Draft Champions Full Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMcbain
This video just conviinced me to get Madden this year, I was on the fence. Big hearthstone fan, I love the fact that you chose a coach first then you know which attributes to look for on players every round if you want to get that "chemistry" bonus. Excellent video. If I understand well the more games you win the more MUT coins you get? Is the mode free to enter or like hearthstone you pay some coins to enter the mode and risk to earn less if you lose right away?
Hey thanks for the praise! Yes, the more games you win (three wins offline against CPU that steadily gets better each game vs. four wins in head to head games online) the better your rewards. Your first loss ends your run. I assume the rewards are more MUT coins rather than packs of cards if you win it all, but since I have not won it all yet I don't personally know 100 percent. The mode is free to enter, and no you don't need 150 coins to enter each time like Hearthstone. Whether you win or lose, you can always go right back in and draft again. You do earn less if you lose right away, yes.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

With the issues CFM is having as of right now this mode is what sold the game to me.

Has anyone confirmed if we can or can't change quarter lengths against the CPU though?
Old 08-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
With the issues CFM is having as of right now this mode is what sold the game to me.

Has anyone confirmed if we can or can't change quarter lengths against the CPU though?
Settings are locked, can't change them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 01:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Ugh, that takes a lot of the depth away from the game then. Not really going to set up a ball-control running offense with 3 minute quarters.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #7
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Ugh, that takes a lot of the depth away from the game then. Not really going to set up a ball-control running offense with 3 minute quarters.
Fair point for sure. Seems like getting in and out was the focus above all else.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
As an exclusively solo player, I went from being out on the game this year to interested again when I heard about the new draft mode. Now I'm out again after hearing that H2H rewards (1 badge for 1 win, 5 for 4 wins) are so much higher than the solo draft reward (1 badge for winning 3 games). Most comments from solo players I've seen say you are better off grinding the MUT challenges instead. I did that last year and it gets boring very quickly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »