Home

Madden NFL 16: A Deeper Look At Penalties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: A Deeper Look At Penalties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 10:09 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Madden NFL 16: A Deeper Look At Penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Do you think the awareness stat has something to do with why a player can give away more penalties then another one? I say Lower rated OL players seem to give penalties away more
There's a new penalty trait this year that probably affects the frequency far more than anything else. Based on that video, I'd assume Shazier probably has that trait.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:37 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Those roughing the passer penalties were embarrassing.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:52 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Has anyone seen an OPI yet?

Anyway, this is good stuff Chase, thanks for the vid. I wonder if some of the penalties might even need to go down below 50 for a 120-play game. I don't think I've ever turned a penalty slider down below 50 in Madden, even in the PS2 days.
In the 5 games I have played on default all pro I've seen one pi and it was offensive pi against the computer. most flags I've seen have been holing or offsides (all from me jumping on a hard count).

So I plan on bumping a few of these up.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 12:04 PM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Based on my experience in E3 (I haven't tried this with the retail yet), if you max out the penalty sliders, you will see the penalty yards basically quadruple compared to what this video presents and the game will become hilariously unplayable, lol. The sliders do work and their effects are very obvious.

Also worth reminding people that (also from my conversations with Clint about penalties at E3) CPU-initiated penalties do not trigger in online head-to-head, Draft Champions, or Ultimate Team. User-initiated penalties can still happen in these modes, and all penalties can be triggered by user or CPU in Play Now and Connected Franchise (regardless of online / offline / one player / head-to-head in CFM).

Finally (also from my talking to Clint at E3), at the default slider levels (50), there are caps in the game which will prevent the CPU from triggering a particular penalty once it has been called some set amount of times in the game. This was done to minimize frustration with penalties for the average user. If you increase these sliders to any level above 50, these caps turn off and there will be no hard-and-fast limit on the number of times a penalty will be called in a game. As such it may be advisable for anyone on this forum to play with the penalty sliders set to at least 51.

Hats off to Chase for a great breakdown of the penalties as they play out in-game, by the way. The roughing the passer penalties were simultaneously hilarious and infuriating with all the flopping going on, haha.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 08-25-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: rewording
Old 08-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #13
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
As such it may be advisable for anyone on this forum to play with the penalty sliders set to at least 51.

I like where you're coming from here.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #14
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I have played about 6 games so far and have been experiencing with them set between 50-60, I think 52/53 is the sweet spot for most penalties. I left Roughing the Passer as is because if not you get too many dives. But it is refreshing to see long drives called back as a result of holding or PI. The only thing I don't see much of is OPI, I have seen one in 6 games, although in today's real NFL that seems about right lol.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:56 PM   #15
Rookie

loadedlux's Arena

It seems as though you could cheese with the receiver and keep drawing PI penalties...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadedlux
It seems as though you could cheese with the receiver and keep drawing PI penalties...
Maybe against the CPU with the setting on 60. Not online H2H. Penalties aren't called with the same frequency there.

If you want to cheese the CPU that's your prerogative.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »