Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now For Xbox One Gold Subscribers w/o EA Access

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now For Xbox One Gold Subscribers w/o EA Access within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 03:29 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now For Xbox One Gold Subscribers w/o EA Access

Xbox One Gold subscribers can currently download a trial version of Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR and play it for 10 hours without an EA Access account.

While no official word has been announced, it appears as though the trial will be available until August 31, during this week’s Deals With Gold and Spotlight Sale, where Gold subscribers can purchase the game for $40.19.

If we get an official response from EA, we will update this post.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
Rookie

ndxc2001's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now For Xbox One Users without EA Access?

Logged in and trial link was available to me so I it should be there when I get home.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now For Xbox One Users without EA Access?

OK, the Xbox One home page shows it as free with Gold this week. I'll update the post.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-25-2015, 04:11 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

I uninstalled the EA Access version and now I'm installing this trial, just to see if there is any sort of time limit restriction. (Unless more details arrive before it finishes)
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I uninstalled the EA Access version and now I'm installing this trial, just to see if there is any sort of time limit restriction. (Unless more details arrive before it finishes)
You were able to install it after having played the EA Access version through completion? Maybe I didn't uninstall the EA Access version after all? It still shows as "Time Expired" when I call it up from the link on the store homepage...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #6
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
You were able to install it after having played the EA Access version through completion? Maybe I didn't uninstall the EA Access version after all? It still shows as "Time Expired" when I call it up from the link on the store homepage...
I uninstalled the EA Access version, then I started the trial download process over again. Did you uninstall? Mine is at 36% atm.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-25-2015, 06:08 PM   #7
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I uninstalled the EA Access version, then I started the trial download process over again. Did you uninstall? Mine is at 36% atm.
Yeah, I checked and I had uninstalled the EA Access version, but also, my 10 hours had expired. Had your EA Access trial expired before you tried it? The current trial screen comes up after I click on the Games With Gold link on the main page, and just below the "Buy" item is a grayed out "Trial Expired option. I guess this is where the "Play Trial" button should be?

It's really not that big of a deal. I had tried everything I wanted to try in the earlier trial. The only thing I was curious about was how the swing interface changes had affected the accuracy. I don't see a lot of people talking about that so it must not have had much impact, yay or nay. Then again, I don't see that many people talking about this game period, which is probably not a good thing either.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #8
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

Hmmm. Ya, it must be tied to EA Access somehow. When I launch it, it says I have a few hours left. Will be interested to hear what some of you without EA Access see.
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »