Home

Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers

This is a discussion on Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Kolbe says to WAIT to start your CFM

Good to know. I was going to start mine today. Now I'll save myself the hassle of having to restart and just do skills trainer and online games vs. friends.

I do appreciate that the developers care about fixing this problem post-haste, and I'm willing to give them until the end of week one of the release to get it straight, but I think it is unacceptable to have to wait any longer than that to play a core mode in a game for which I paid $60.

I think it's fair to take a position of gratitude for their effort while also stating from a bottom-line perspective that a performance failure like this is not acceptable.

Here's to hoping the fix is speedy and effective.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:05 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

I wish that this was unbelievable, but it is the same deal with every EA Sports title release.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2015, 12:05 PM   #19
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0

What are the specific issues that are not working but are being addressed? It would be helpful to know in making a decision of whether to start or wait.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
So they can't apply the fixes to current online CFMs?! I thought that was the whole point of creating one online. It even states as much in the game.

I appreciate their efforts, but if the game is not playable in its current state it should not have been released. Typically when someone purchases a product it works when you take it out of the box. If not it is considered defective.
They likely didnt know about the bug until the game was released. Also its not realistic for them to delay a release for a bug in a mode that not everyone plays and will likely be patched in a few weeks tops.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

This stinks alot since I am an offline only CFM guy. I started a franchise prior to knowledge of this item and I have been enjoying it. I hope it gets fixed soon but I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #22
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
So they can't apply the fixes to current online CFMs?! I thought that was the whole point of creating one online. It even states as much in the game.

I appreciate their efforts, but if the game is not playable in its current state it should not have been released. Typically when someone purchases a product it works when you take it out of the box. If not it is considered defective.
He said some things could maybe be fixed on server side, but others couldnt be and there was no way to undo something , like if your league already drafted and got them speed wrs. They couldnt undo stuff like that. Which is why he advised people to wait.

My only concern here is this. There are alot of issues with CFM.We need ALL of them fixed, not just some or most. Most all of these issues are Huge problems for cfm.After last year, and being handed the confidence and regression issues , and not touched at all, not even really acknowledged by them , im not going to be running my league thru a bunch of bs for another year because they didnt fix stuff. We paid for a full experience, if we get one that we are told " sorry we ran out of time" , then i think im just all around done with Madden for good. We just suffered thru a horrible year for CFM due to things just left that way to work on this one. Then we get this one and it has more issues than the last one. That to me , will be unacceptable if all of them are not fixed before even thinking of going on to work on 17.

You cant build a house half way, find out there are a ton of issues with it, fix only a few and then keep building the house on top of those issues. It will only continue to create more and more issues in the future. All of this has to be fixed before moving on to 17. If not they will spend half the time working to fix whats left from 16, then all the new stuff they add for 17 will be just as bugged as this due to "lack of time" to find the bugs because they spent too much time working on 16 bugs for 17. Somewhere they have to stop this cycle. I get it, they have limited time. So spend just 1 year, fix all your problems, give us a great game, then work on your new stuff, and that would free up more time to actually test it more.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-26-2015, 12:13 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They likely didnt know about the bug until the game was released. Also its not realistic for them to delay a release for a bug in a mode that not everyone plays and will likely be patched in a few weeks tops.
whats worse?? a company that routinely releases broken games and still hasnt learned in 2015 that they have to test their product before ripping us off...again. or, a company that tested their product, knew of the bugs, and went ahead with scheduled release?

at least one is a company making a business decision, knowing its consumers really dont have any actions they can take. takes some balls to say f it...just release it...nobody will care in a month. the other is just incompetence at EVERY level. i dont know whats worse. ea lying about knowing about the bugs or failing to find them. pathetic.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:17 PM   #24
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This just isn't any mode this has kinda been the backbone off he game for over a decade and a half. It is very unacceptable for a sports game in the 2010s be released without the ability to play a functional franchise mode. This is the first time I can remember them saying to delay starting the mode. There have been events in the past that had freezing issues that required restarts if you came upon them, but nothing like this in which a dev guy is telling you not to start a mode. Plain and simple, there is no excuse for this not to be discovered, especially since it was discovered rather easily by many in the first 10 hours of playing the game.

Last edited by SFNiners816; 08-26-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »