Home

NBA Live 16 Interview with Sean O'Brien and Erika Esola-Imburgio

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Interview with Sean O'Brien and Erika Esola-Imburgio within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA Live 16 Interview with Sean O'Brien and Erika Esola-Imburgio

The NBA Live Stream Team have posted a video interview with the Sean O'Brien and Erika Esola-Imburgio.

There are some audio issues at the beginning, but it clears up later on. Mrprice33 has given us an update on some of the details mentioned below, but watch and listen to the interview here.
  • The gameplay here is from Live 15
  • Editing talk at about 15:30- Sean said "I want to take the responsibility to ensure that the 450 or so players in the game and the things happening with them is accurate."
  • At 17:00 he talks about the tip-off going straight to the PG. Will remain the same for 16 but they want to get it fixed for 17.
  • Goal is to have roster updates at least once weekly for ratings, equipment, etc. "If anything major happens it'll be updated the next day."
  • 20:00 is talk about AI improvements, Live Motion, team sets, etc. Heavy investment on AI improvements on offense and defense. "Haven't had a Live game where you can guard the basketball as well as in 16." Says that teams like the Warriors will play a lot faster and have a unique identity.
  • 22 minutes or so is ratings talk. Erika says that 90+ ratings are reserved for superstars, and that there's a bigger drop off between them and stars/rotation players/etc
  • 29 minutes: multiple versions of players for LUT. 93 Larry Bird is different from Legend Larry Bird. Rookie LeBron.
  • 32 minutes: can deny the ball this year, lot of work with defensive AI, players recognize when they are 1 or 2 passes away. Can't barrel over helpside defenders and get to the rim, more jostling and dribble bumps, more turnovers in paint.
  • 34:30: cannot fake dribble handoff, but it's defensible with coverages like pick and roll. Sean mentions that they've shown gameplay and will show it again on demo day. Seems to indicate no more raw gameplay footage.
  • Then at around 37 minutes he says there is something coming next week with raw gameplay. So do with that what you will.
  • 42 minutes talks about transition play, different per team, spacing is better with hit ahead and shooters finding the corners. Manual boxing out is in the game, get rewarded for it in teammate grade in Live Run/Summer Circuit.
  • 45 minutes: When asked if there have been any improvements to dynasty, Sean says that it's better but there has been no real innovation there this year, something they want to focus on for 17. Pivots to Pro-Am as real focus for this year, along with controls and gameplay.
  • 49 minutes: 6 different cameras this year, new default camera, hybrid between baseline and sideline camera.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA LIVE 16 Interview w/ Sean Ob

The gameplay here is from Live 15

Editing talk at about 15:30- Sean said "I want to take the responsibility to ensure that the 450 or so players in the game and the things happening with them is accurate."

At 17:00 he talks about the tip-off going straight to the PG. Will remain the same for 16 but they want to get it fixed for 17.

Goal is to have roster updates at least once weekly for ratings, equipment, etc. "If anything major happens it'll be updated the next day."

20:00 is talk about AI improvements, Live Motion, team sets, etc. Heavy investment on AI improvements on offense and defense. "Haven't had a Live game where you can guard the basketball as well as in 16." Says that teams like the Warriors will play a lot faster and have a unique identity.

22 minutes or so is ratings talk. Erika says that 90+ ratings are reserved for superstars, and that there's a bigger drop off between them and stars/rotation players/etc

29 minutes: multiple versions of players for LUT. 93 Larry Bird is different from Legend Larry Bird. Rookie LeBron.

32 minutes: can deny the ball this year, lot of work with defensive AI, players recognize when they are 1 or 2 passes away. Can't barrel over helpside defenders and get to the rim, more jostling and dribble bumps, more turnovers in paint.

34:30: cannot fake dribble handoff, but it's defensible with coverages like pick and roll. Sean mentions that they've shown gameplay and will show it again on demo day. Seems to indicate no more raw gameplay footage.

Then at around 37 minutes he says there is something coming next week with raw gameplay. So do with that what you will.

42 minutes talks about transition play, different per team, spacing is better with hit ahead and shooters finding the corners. Manual boxing out is in the game, get rewarded for it in teammate grade in Live Run/Summer Circuit.

45 minutes: When asked if there have been any improvements to dynasty, Sean says that it's better but there has been no real innovation there this year, something they want to focus on for 17. Pivots to Pro-Am as real focus for this year, along with controls and gameplay.

49 minutes: 6 different cameras this year, new default camera, hybrid between baseline and sideline camera.

Last edited by mrprice33; 08-27-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Didn't really enjoy the answer on the roster editing. Seems like they don't get why people lke roster editing. It's not just about having accuracy its about players wanting to customize the game how they want it.

Customization is not just something people want in Myplayer type modes. They want it with rosters too!
Old 08-27-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Didn't really enjoy the answer on the roster editing. Seems like they don't get why people lke roster editing. It's not just about having accuracy its about players wanting to customize the game how they want it.

Customization is not just something people want in Myplayer type modes. They want it with rosters too!
At the very least, it needs to be in Dynasty.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:53 PM   #5
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Lol "for those who want editing in "I'm not one of them"..."

Really bruh??

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 07:55 PM   #6
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07

Really bruh?? :jpheadshake:

Yeah I can't go for that at all. It should be in the game. I can live without it, but it should be there.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07

Really bruh??

When I said that I'm just not one that cares for it, but A LOT of the community does, so I asked the question for those in the community that do want it

Last edited by grodbetatted; 08-27-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:38 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

My simple answer for Editing. If there is issues with the game and we can TWEAK things and fix it, why wouldnt you want it int the game. Instead we see hundreds of comments(here and 2k) about guys complaining this is Broke or doesnt work in the game. When it could be a SIMPLE tweak and issues could be resolved. It seems like EA would want guys digging into their games and possibly fixing issues and giving valuable feedback. It would just help bring the game along faster in Future versions.

So for all you guys who say Editing is NOT needed, dont complain at all when the game doesnt play out as you want.

I WANT NBA Live to succeed in the worst way, but to be honest hearing every year that Dynasty will be a Focus next year, is just not something that gets alot of Excitement from me. Seems MUT and PRO AM are all that we can look forward to for NBA and NFL games from EA Sports.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »