Home

Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)

Madden NFL 16 is a game where I have faced mixed emotions playing it. On one hand, the gameplay has arrived in every way now, and can be put amongst any other game in our genre in terms of great-playing sports games.

On the other hand, funky design decisions and truly bad bugs really hamper the experience in the game’s main mode: Franchise.

That always brings a tension in reviewing a game. It's brilliant but left wondering why some decisions were simply made.

With all of that said, Madden NFL 16 is the best football game you’ve ever played, and the experience is generally becoming one that can be described as great.

Read More - Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 02:34 PM   #2
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Well written, Chris. This is easily the best Madden in a long time. Hopefully next year they focus on the game modes and continue to build on the solid gameplay.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)

A very fair and thoughtful review. I gave it a 7 because of all the CFM bugs as well as the Defensive Camera (what I hope is a bug that can be patched) design decision (it was perfect last year and now I get dizzy with it sometimes what the heck happened?) it shipped with.

Once those CFM bugs are patched here shortly I feel this is solid 8.5 overall.

On the field it is a solid 9 for me. CFM still needs more presentation elements added, and in game we need a score ticker (not a dumb drive goals ticker) like the NCAA football series. Dynasty mode on NCAA 14 is probably the most robust football franchise mode ever. Madden is getting there.

The future is bright and let's enjoy M16 on the field where is shines brightly.

And Draft Champions is highly addictive and has so much potential to be expanded upon with a bigger player pool and the ability to play head to head with friends and even set up tournaments!

I can easily say M16 and NCAA 14 are my two favorite football titles ever (and a special shout out to Tecmo Super Bowl).
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I think this review jives with my opinion that the on-field experience is going to hold up the Madden NFL game this year. I'm not as offended by Dynamic Drive Goals as the reviewer is, but I do admit that I'm generally ignoring them, making the feature essentially a nonfactor for me.

Hoping for more substantial additions to Franchise going forward. For now, the football gameplay is plenty good enough for me to want to continue forward in the decent experience that Franchise offers now.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I think this review jives with my opinion that the on-field experience is going to hold up the Madden NFL game this year. I'm not as offended by Dynamic Drive Goals as the reviewer is, but I do admit that I'm generally ignoring them, making the feature essentially a nonfactor for me.

Hoping for more substantial additions to Franchise going forward. For now, the football gameplay is plenty good enough for me to want to continue forward in the decent experience that Franchise offers now.
I share the same sentiment. Put that ticker resource into next years game with scores around the league while we play CFM.

But I make believe it does not exist.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #6
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Great review. Once CFM gets fixed this game will be very addicting and hard to put down.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I share the same sentiment. Put that ticker resource into next years game with scores around the league while we play CFM.

But I make believe it does not exist.
I actually really like the goals ticker. As long as the game revolves around XP for player progression, I want to know how close I am to XP reward thresholds. To that end, the goal ticker is extremely useful for me.

It's specifically the Dynamic Drives Goal feature is what I'm ignoring - "throw a passing TD this drive", "get a QB sack this drive", etc.

I definitely would like to see out-of-town scores added to that ticker, however, to add to the immersion of the game.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

You say franchise is the "main" mode of the game and I would wager ea sports doesn't think that way anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »