Home

NHL 16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Goalies

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Goalies within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2015, 09:54 PM   #9
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Goalies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
How I would do it, if I could have the ratings my way (and will probably spend damn near 2 months working on ratings throughout the game so I can play a few seasons of GM this way):

Price - 96
Lundqvist - 95
Quick - 93
Rinne - 92
Holtby - 91
Rask - 90
Bobrovsky - 89
Schneider - 89
Varlamov - 89
Bishop - 87
Luongo - 87
Crawford - 86
Fleury - 86
Miller -86
Mason - 86
Andersen - 85
Halak - 85
Ward - 85
Anderson - 85
Howard - 85
Lehtonen - 85
Dubnyk - 85
Hiller - 85
Bernier - 84
Talbot - 84
Elliot - 84
Smith - 83
Lehner - 82
Jones - 82
Pavelec - 82

Something like that, without doing any research to adjust and fine tune my rankings.
So you would adjust stats just to meet a certain OVR? Even if that meant, say, giving Pevelec a rating boost in many categories, just to meet that 82 OVR? Or possibly dumb him down, because maybe just naturally and accurately doing his stats makes him higher than your proposed 82?
Old 08-29-2015, 12:41 AM   #10
Rookie

I also think part of the problems are all the legues. Take The WHL for example they have 16 year olds on the roster. So they are 46 Overall. The NHL goalies are the best in the world but do to you have AHL goalies in the 70s and then poor Europe teams in the 60s then the young guns below that there really isn't a lot of room left to have NHL goalies with massive ratings differences when comparing them to the other leagues. It's also not just as easy to say make the young guys 20 overall and adjust all other leagues because those guys aren't that useless. If this was just an NHL game only im sure we wouldn't see everything this close together.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:31 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
I also think part of the problems are all the legues. Take The WHL for example they have 16 year olds on the roster. So they are 46 Overall. The NHL goalies are the best in the world but do to you have AHL goalies in the 70s and then poor Europe teams in the 60s then the young guns below that there really isn't a lot of room left to have NHL goalies with massive ratings differences when comparing them to the other leagues. It's also not just as easy to say make the young guys 20 overall and adjust all other leagues because those guys aren't that useless. If this was just an NHL game only im sure we wouldn't see everything this close together.

But it is an NHL game and I don't understand who they owe something to. Why can't kids in the CHL all be in the 40s, Euro leagues in the 60s with their stars standing out, etc.? It's all about egos apparently, otherwise I'm confused as to why they aren't "allowed" to utilize the full rating scale. I mean, why don't they just rate everyone 1-10 in this case? I'd rather have a great NHL game with the AHL and not have the Euro leagues, or even the CHL, if they'd be too offended to offer their license unless their players are rated a certain way. In the end it's an NHL title. That's the main attraction.

Last edited by Moose24x; 08-29-2015 at 01:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 04:09 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

I thought 2K's approach to ratings was really cool this year, mind you they have only one league to consider and can use legends as baseline because they actually include a sizeable amount of legacy players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2015, 07:42 AM   #13
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

This isn't justva goalie issue as many of you know. The ratings have always been out of touch but have really gotten worse over the past few releases. I don't think it's because EA has no clue it's being done by design. With much of the emphasize being on online play these days EA wants a level playing field for all. They have even incorporated that idea into this years EASHL with the pre builds. EA wants anyone to be able to pick up the game, go online, select any team, and be able to compete with all four lines and a solid goalie. Imagine if the Sabres team really resembled the abysmal season they had and you played online against an equal skilled guy who play with the Lightning. Your most likely going to lose the majority of the games....so you just would not choose to be the Sabres. As it is now if I jump online there are only 5-6 teams everyone uses. In the end every team ends up being and playing the same. Us offline sim junkies continue, and will continue to be left in the cold.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:56 AM   #14
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

There is a possibility I may have one last trick up my sleeve to get the Revamped Rosters in everyone's hands. Stay tuned.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:07 AM   #15
Rookie

Vermin's Arena

OVR: 8
What? No Petr Mrazek?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2015, 10:18 AM   #16
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
There is a possibility I may have one last trick up my sleeve to get the Revamped Rosters in everyone's hands. Stay tuned.
That would be quite awesome...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »