Home

NBA 2K15 Vs. NBA 2K16: Player Comparison Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Vs. NBA 2K16: Player Comparison Screenshots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2015, 12:03 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2K15 Vs. NBA 2K16: Player Comparison Screenshots

Over on our YouTube page, I have posted a bunch of comparison shots that show some differences between the graphics in NBA 2K15 versus NBA 2K16 to this point. I'm sure we will do another one of these videos closer to launch or right after, but for now you can check out some side-by-side shots.

You can also just watch the video to enjoy record-spinning Kevin Durant turning into psychedelic Kevin Durant and then becoming haunted Kevin Durant.

Like, comment, subscribe y'alllllllllll. Oh, and as I say in the video, you can also look in the description below the video for time stamps to each one of the screenshots.
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Vs. NBA 2K16: Player Comparison Screenshots

Great video. You can really tell the difference from 15 to 16. The lighting looks phenomenal this year and the body scans are a game changer and even the faces look way better than last years and I thought they looked amazing on 15 lol. Can't wait for the 25th!
Old 08-31-2015, 01:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Well, bodies are obviously different, but most of the players are already good looking in 2K15 (Durant, Thomas, Zebo, Davis, Harden...) except some new hairstyles (Davis, Wiggins, Curry, Teague...). But more of them are better in 2K16 (Galloway, Whiteside, Ross...), some are worse than last year (Paul George, Paul Pierce, Rudy Gay...), some are still not recognisable (Melo, Nowitzki...), but with better lightning everything looks better in 2K16.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
MVP

Look how skinny Isaiah Thomas was in 2K15 lol! Huge upgrade in the player models!
Old 08-31-2015, 02:52 PM   #5
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Good video, would've been better if it wasn't practice jerseys so we could compare differences in jerseys textures and colors, but the lighting is definitely headed in the right direction, cant wait to see this game on a HDTV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 03:21 PM   #6
Rookie

3mir's Arena

finally lighting looks awesome in 2k.can't wait
Old 08-31-2015, 03:58 PM   #7
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
To me it looks like the players that aren't buff, but a little bit "flabby" look that way now (Z-Bo, Sullinger, etc.). The players also look a lot more crisp. Their faces look good and the tattoos look more detailed. Overall, this game is shaping up to be a "must buy". I am just waiting on some solid gameplay footage, unless there is something I've missed.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:22 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyGT
Well, bodies are obviously different, but most of the players are already good looking in 2K15 (Durant, Thomas, Zebo, Davis, Harden...) except some new hairstyles (Davis, Wiggins, Curry, Teague...). But more of them are better in 2K16 (Galloway, Whiteside, Ross...), some are worse than last year (Paul George, Paul Pierce, Rudy Gay...), some are still not recognisable (Melo, Nowitzki...), but with better lightning everything looks better in 2K16.
Yeah guys like Galloway and Whiteside especially look out of place in 2K15 because they just had generic CAP heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Look how skinny Isaiah Thomas was in 2K15 lol! Huge upgrade in the player models!
Oh man, the arms in general are crazy. I didn't include lots of side shots, but even guys like LeBron have insanely skinny arms -- especially when compared against 2K16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Good video, would've been better if it wasn't practice jerseys so we could compare differences in jerseys textures and colors, but the lighting is definitely headed in the right direction, cant wait to see this game on a HDTV.
Yeah sorry man, just a little quicker going through practice mode for load times and making sure players are not in the way and so on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »