Home

NHL 16 Player Ratings - Top 50 Players, Includes Many Rating Attributes

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Player Ratings - Top 50 Players, Includes Many Rating Attributes within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2015, 03:16 PM   #9
Rookie

DustinOverbay's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 16 Player Ratings - Top 50 Players, Includes Many Rating Attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Like I said in an earlier thread. It's absurd to have a 100 point rating scale and only use half of it.

Zero on the scale needs to represent the break point from amateur/rec hockey players and 100 needs to represent the best hockey player in the world. Not only would we have greater disparity between levels represented in the game, but we could represent the rate of growth between age groups differently. A 16 year old in the CHL might go from, say, 25, to 55 in a year. The AHL and Euro leagues could be full of 50-70ish rated players (with the occasional higher rated guy), and the NHL 65-100. In each case you have a similar 20-30 point range of differentiation.

In each league you'd have the proper differentiation between abilities of players slotted top six, bottom six etc...

Right now, in the NHL and CHL the range is barely more than ten points between a fourth liner and a first line C.
Could not have said it better, this is how you are going to create differentiation, personally, I could care less if...
  • Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin, and all the top 7 to 10 players are 95 overall and up
  • the hard nosed players that score(like your Kreiders your Benns and Tomas Holmstrom guys) are at an applicable range, Benn at like a 90 Kreider like an 85 and Holmstrom I couldnt rate cause he is no longer in the league, but nonetheless play a style that is very net crasher heavy
  • and finally, your scrubs, fourth liners, and scratches, in the range from 65-75/80. These guys are not very good and I would only rate them highly if they are young and after time progresses if they do not perform either their overall fluctuates or slowly declines. These are some routes to go to create some skill differentiation

This could improve the game a boat load by using a super large range instead on 60 to 95, because the overall scale starts at a point higher than that... 36. They might as well make the scale 1-63 if they're just going to start at 36(and sorry if botched math there but I am not good with numbers lol)

NHL- New York Rangers
MLB- New York Yankees
Old 09-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Player Ratings - Top 50 Players, Includes Many Rating Attributes

sorry for O.T.
but this is the most look thread...

in NHL 15,
is normal that I can't download the first NHL Live moments...? only the first is impossible download... the others all ok!
it's a bug?? (on ps4 system)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »