Home

NHL 16 Livestream on Twitch Has Ended, Archive Available to Watch

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Livestream on Twitch Has Ended, Archive Available to Watch within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2015, 03:51 AM   #17
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 16 Livestream on Twitch Has Ended, Archive Available to Watch

I really liked what I saw regarding BAP, especially the feedback on your actions in game with regard to XP gained or lost. Hopefully they have also added some additional atmosphere aspects, e.g. Interaction between player and coach, front office, fans etc.
BeAGM looked nearly the same as in NHL15. At the moment, I don't really know if the new player morale system offers any added value to me. I would have rather liked things like offering contracts during season or an improved scouting model being added.
And regarding HUT, this is still the least appealing game mode to me - looks more or less the same as last year.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:55 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I agree Fiddy.
I like the idea of morale being affected if playing out of position, but EA needs to add more than 1 position per player. Especially in today's game where coaches love versatility and ask players to play at least 2 different positions.

In Detroit, for example, almost every forward will play at least 2 positions:
Datsyuk C/LW, Zetterberg, C/LW, Franzen RW/LW, Abdelkeader RW/LW/C, Helm C/LW, etc, etc.

There seems to be very few players in the league today that are on position only anymore.

Hopefully that's something that is added for next year. Especially with Morale playing a role.

Re: the twitch vid, thanks for posting! I only watched the first 10 minutes but I liked the pace of play and what I saw. A lot of 'greasy' play, turnovers, intercepted passes, etc.
I just hope it looks similar vs the CPU.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #19
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Be A Pro is looking good, at least back on par with last gen version. I'm liking the improvements in the mode. I'm 50% convinced to buy the game this year now. Still not at all convinced on franchise mode.

I've already accepted the fact that sliders will need big time adjustments right out of the box. So I'm not even going to mention anything about team mate AI and opponent CPU AI.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #20
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Looks good. The infrastructure is there to play with sliders to get the game playing how I want it. I'm glad Be a GM is back up to feature parity (for the most part) with gen 3. I'm not ambitious when it comes to my expectations for the series it's a small budget title, and I take it for what it is. I still think it's necessary to use the whole 100 scale to properly represent the abilities of players at three levels of hockey (major junior, AHL/Euro/NHL), but other than that I just want a functioning hockey game with a functioning GM mode.

I pray we don't have any stupid bugs with morale or sim bugs resulting in backup goalies playing the majority of games or something like that.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:42 PM   #21
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I agree Fiddy.
I like the idea of morale being affected if playing out of position, but EA needs to add more than 1 position per player. Especially in today's game where coaches love versatility and ask players to play at least 2 different positions.

In Detroit, for example, almost every forward will play at least 2 positions:
Datsyuk C/LW, Zetterberg, C/LW, Franzen RW/LW, Abdelkeader RW/LW/C, Helm C/LW, etc, etc.

There seems to be very few players in the league today that are on position only anymore.

Hopefully that's something that is added for next year. Especially with Morale playing a role.

Re: the twitch vid, thanks for posting! I only watched the first 10 minutes but I liked the pace of play and what I saw. A lot of 'greasy' play, turnovers, intercepted passes, etc.
I just hope it looks similar vs the CPU.
That's something I really like in Eastside Hockey Manager. Your players have their 'natural' position, then they will be rated in other spots, like LW or RW if they're a center. Same for defensemen. It's nice to be able to check and see where a player excels, and maybe find a hidden gem of a player who dominates in one position, but can shift around as needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 12:50 PM   #22
Rookie

redslumber's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Super Sim is the option to simulate a game and track all the major events (shots, goals, penalties), as opposed to simulating right past and not knowing any stats from that game. It will be accessible from the main Be A GM Hub page, selecting that day's game, and then 'Sim Game.'
Gotcha. They've cut so much content from the previous years, I didn't think they'd consider bringing this option back.

Here's hoping Sept. 15 is a good day.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:53 PM   #23
Rookie

redslumber's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19
I really liked what I saw regarding BAP, especially the feedback on your actions in game with regard to XP gained or lost. Hopefully they have also added some additional atmosphere aspects, e.g. Interaction between player and coach, front office, fans etc.
BeAGM looked nearly the same as in NHL15. At the moment, I don't really know if the new player morale system offers any added value to me. I would have rather liked things like offering contracts during season or an improved scouting model being added.
And regarding HUT, this is still the least appealing game mode to me - looks more or less the same as last year.
The new implementations will be a wait and see for now. The morale system sounds great on paper, but we'll really have to play it to get a true feel.

On a side note, the menu systems look horrendous once again this year. Do they have Art Directors for sports games, because he should be fired. Lol.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #24
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redslumber
The new implementations will be a wait and see for now. The morale system sounds great on paper, but we'll really have to play it to get a true feel.

On a side note, the menu systems look horrendous once again this year. Do they have Art Directors for sports games, because he should be fired. Lol.
I'm hoping that NHL16 will be what I expected of NHL14, and15. A game that's at the very least showing some promise of good things to come.
If some guys on here get it, and say that Be a GM is actually enjoyable, and that sliders actually seem to have an affect, that'll definitely play a huge part in my deciding to buy the game.
The gameplay I saw in that feed was frustrating, but it looked to be EASHL, which in my opinion, always looks like garbage. The slider set for online just looks awful, everything's so fast, players stop on a dime and pivot awkwardly.
But, I'm more than willing to get NHL16 if it's at least showing promise. The Morale system is a good start, but it has to work. EA's past efforts with adding things in, having them affect gameplay, and doing little to nothing to patch those issues worries me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »