Home

If All Goes As Planned, Next Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Patch Could Arrive on September 22

This is a discussion on If All Goes As Planned, Next Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Patch Could Arrive on September 22 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #9
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: If All Goes As Planned, Next Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Patch Could Arrive on Septembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnehls
Still the worst game to come out ever!!!! not worth the time
Even worse than NBA Live 14? I don't think so. At least this game does have some solid gameplay.

Missing content doesn't automatically make the game "worst".

THAT SAID, there needs to be more. Justin Patel's comment is a breath of fresh air since things were so silent.

Favorite Teams

Golf - USA Ryder Cup Squad

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

College - Northwestern Wildcats, DePaul Blue Demons, UIC Flames, DuPage Chaparrals
Old 09-08-2015, 08:57 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: If All Goes As Planned, Next Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Patch Could Arrive on Septembe

A breath of fresh air would be outlining the plan forward. Updating career mode, adding courses and new golfers. Removing the stupid celebrations and adding game modes. A few of these might happen with the patch, but I have zero interest in "we have something coming, but we are clueless if it will work or not." I hope I am wrong, but this is not significant news.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #11
MVP

Not trying to knock your opinion golfsprince, I am just not buying what they are selling. Fool me once...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 02:15 AM   #12
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

Naw, it's all good Illini. It's how most people feel at this point.

I'm in the minority since I really enjoy the gameplay but it definitely needs more content.

I think the PR needs blame more than anything. When a dev usually says "I can't go too much into detail" that's usually the result of poor PR/marketing folks or the "higher ups" telling the devs not to say anything yet.

Oh and go NW Wildcats

Favorite Teams

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

College - Northwestern Wildcats, DePaul Blue Demons, UIC Flames, DuPage Chaparrals
Old 09-09-2015, 07:48 AM   #13
MVP

It pains me to upvote your last comment.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #14
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Bought digitally and regret it. Game has no staying power for me. Played the hell out of the other versions. Game has a long way to go, huge misstep for the series.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:05 PM   #15

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Bought digitally and regret it. Game has no staying power for me. Played the hell out of the other versions. Game has a long way to go, huge misstep for the series.

I had a lot of fun at first but it was just the new car placebo.

I've tried to play a few times since and can't get through a few holes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #16
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

A response from Handsward (Justin Patel, EA dev) in regards to the silence and not updating others:

Quote:
I will give updates whenever there is something to update you all on. My last post was when the last patch went out and I gave details on what it addressed. Now I am letting you guys know that we have completed work on the next update. When that update goes live, expect a list of fixes and additions on that day. I know you all have been getting restless the past few weeks but there wasn't anything for me to update you all on. I could have come on and said "still working on the next update, stay tuned" but I know generic messages just make you all mad.

As far as what is coming in the future, I have no say on when those things get announced and it is not my place to comment on them here until an official announcement is made. So just be patient. Support for this game isn't ending anytime soon.

Favorite Teams

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »