Home

NHL 16 Adds United Center, EASHL Drop-In, Shootout Mode, 3 on 3 OT Rule Change & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Adds United Center, EASHL Drop-In, Shootout Mode, 3 on 3 OT Rule Change & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #9
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 16 Features United Center, EASHL Drop-In, Shootout Mode, 3 on 3 OT Rule Chang

Oh thank god the United Center made it, I was getting tired of hearing about it.

Nice list of improvements.

Can't wait to get into the EA Access trial to try it out. In writing everything is shaping up nicely, I'm excited to try. I didn't take part in the EASHL beta since I'm not an online player so I'm excited to hit the ice.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 31
Great additions....you can't fault these guys for doing their best to get as many things into NHL 16 as possible.

I'm no fan boy but nor am I a "hate-er". Consider myself a realist and for as small as the Development team is they really are showing how much having to produce two games last year killed them.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:59 PM   #11

OVR: 34
Re: NHL 16 Adds United Center, EASHL Drop-In, Shootout Mode, 3 on 3 OT Rule Change &

What is drop in? Would that allow friends vs friends?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #12
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6
I haven't played much NHL the last 10 years and only played a little HUT last year and didn't even play enough to notice The United Center wasn't in there, but how is it possible that it wasn't? How long has the stadium been around?
Old 09-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #13
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15
Nice set of improvements. Glad to see 3 on 3 ot added in as I always like having the updated rules for the new season.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:19 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Adds United Center, EASHL Drop-In, Shootout Mode, 3 on 3 OT Rule Change &

Where are the Chicago Bulls banners in the United Center? You would think they would be included since EA also has the NBA License.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #15
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
I haven't played much NHL the last 10 years and only played a little HUT last year and didn't even play enough to notice The United Center wasn't in there, but how is it possible that it wasn't? How long has the stadium been around?
licensing. Owners were probably asking for too much for ea to use it or just declined to have it in. The stadium has been around since 94
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 04:47 PM   #16
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I assume the new Air Canada Centre/Maple Leafs jumbotron is also part of that list. Pre-release videos and screenshots showed the old board, but the last Be a GM Trailer showcased the new one.

This is the kind of stuff most developers should be doing --- making substantial additions to the game as its life cycle progresses. It happened with UFC, with NHL 15 and now with 16. I am fully behind it.

While the additions to last year's game weren't necessarily groundbreaking, they at least added a lot of substance to a game that was incomplete on release day. I'm glad they decided to follow suit this year albeit with minor additions that nevertheless were important to improve the authenticity of the game.

EDIT: I wonder if the recent reports of Jack Eichel getting his face scanned means his actual likeness will be coming in a future patch (or if EA will have to wait until next year). With these announcements, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens, and if we get a "player likeness update" similar to Madden 15.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 09-09-2015 at 04:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »