Home

NHL 16 Video: Hardcore Gameplay and True Broadcast (Part 3)

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Video: Hardcore Gameplay and True Broadcast (Part 3) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NHL 16 Video: Hardcore Gameplay and True Broadcast (Part 3)

This game was played on Hardcore settings, All-Star difficulty and 7-minute periods. Manual passing is also on.

If you want, you can also Subscribe to our YouTube channel -- it's getting close to its one-month anniversary!
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 06:04 PM   #2
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 16 Video: Hardcore Gameplay and True Broadcast (Part 3)

What can I say, I saw a lot of things I didn't like in this video (thanks for the vid, by the way). I looked only at CPU directed stuff, not CPU affected by user movements.

Here are the things I liked. Sometimes, the CPU players were smart. The stick-on-skate/stick collisions looked good. Graphics good, as usual. Same with True Broadcast cam. I liked how the CPU players went high-low in the offensive zone, liked that a lot.

CPU players wandering aimlessly (0:45+). CPU defenders gliding away from the slot, leaving a man wide open (0:29+). CPU players charging headlong in the general direction of the puck, not realizing that the human is heading in with steam, causing the CPU to miss and overshoot their mark completely. CPU players standing flat footed and not moving until the puck is into their zone (0:40+). CPU defenders with their back to the puck carrier, yet still knowing to time their poke check to break up a cross-crease (0:50+).

Yeah, I got all that from the first minute.

Editing, as I continue to watch:
CPU defensemen still pivot poorly on occasion. CPU still has trouble breaking out of the defensive zone, even after a face-off win. I hate seeing goalies skate out of the net after a big or little save, and then run into a player and stop moving. Ruins immersion. CPU forwards simply skate back on the back-check, not realizing a pass is going right in front of their sticks. How many times do NHL teams make a width-length pass on the break-in? It's more of a small, in front of one-defenseman pass. I should never see a player, guarding the point, turn to face his net, WHILE THE PUCK IS STILL ON THE DEFENSEMAN'S STICK.

Last edited by AdamJones113; 09-11-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:14 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hi. Thanks for the videos. Did you tweak any sliders or are they all stock?
Old 09-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NHL 16 Video: Hardcore Gameplay and True Broadcast (Part 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaxy
Hi. Thanks for the videos. Did you tweak any sliders or are they all stock?
Stock sliders all around. Don't want to mess with that stuff in pre-release videos just so people know general stuff to start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »