Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden St. Warriors

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden St. Warriors within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden St. Warriors

So it seems like Curry's airball is actually at least partly caused by a late release. That's promising, because it likely means his actual release is even quicker. In the video he shoots at the top of the arc with a little hang, whereas he shoots on the way up in real life. Hopefully a correctly timed release has his shot look even more spot on than it already does.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
So it seems like Curry's airball is actually at least partly caused by a late release. That's promising, because it likely means his actual release is even quicker. In the video he shoots at the top of the arc with a little hang, whereas he shoots on the way up in real life. Hopefully a correctly timed release has his shot look even more spot on than it already does.
I'm not betting on it.

I mentioned in another thread a few months ago that 2K would still manage to screw up Curry's quick release even AFTER motion capturing him lmao.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #19
Rookie

CEOHaize's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
When you have a dynamic game play system everything is not scripted out. For instance that first play wasn't for Love it was for LBJ but love was left open. Do you want a smart AI or one that follows a set script ?

I see this is going to come up a lot. Remember I said a 48 min gameplan. So first quarter with 3 all star caliber players the offense is spread around to get everyone going.

But any time defense makes a mistake the AI is smart enough to attempt to take advantage.

Every thing is fluid and dynamic. When you enable intelligence you remove ability to forcefully determine outcomes. Any of those guys can get hot and have the offense focused on them.

By default this means that everygame your not going to agree with top scorers of the opposition. But how you choose to defend will naturally affect the outcome. Also mismatches and pnr coverages and hot streaks = dynamic.

Preach! This right here is what I've been waiting for in sports games.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Sorry if it will be like i'm spamming but those bullet points should be emphasized as much as it could with all the videos released:

Super Positives:

- Gameplay has gotten TIGHT all over!
- You can see how Smooth will the CONTROLS be!
- You can't notice who is USER who is CPU, AI has gotten way better.
- True Physicality, Speed and Footplanting all the time

* All in all as Mike Wang suggested i can clearly see this game will play just as good as it looks like a movie.

Damn we still have 10 more days! I feel as excited as a 10 day contracted player.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:20 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
When you have a dynamic game play system everything is not scripted out. For instance that first play wasn't for Love it was for LBJ but love was left open. Do you want a smart AI or one that follows a set script ?

I see this is going to come up a lot. Remember I said a 48 min gameplan. So first quarter with 3 all star caliber players the offense is spread around to get everyone going.

But any time defense makes a mistake the AI is smart enough to attempt to take advantage.

Every thing is fluid and dynamic. When you enable intelligence you remove ability to forcefully determine outcomes. Any of those guys can get hot and have the offense focused on them.

By default this means that everygame your not going to agree with top scorers of the opposition. But how you choose to defend will naturally affect the outcome. Also mismatches and pnr coverages and hot streaks = dynamic.
Also to add to what Czar already very clearly explained is that you don't see superstars take over the game from the begining to the end, they step up when they are needed so this also lead to another variance between how great 2k16 is for; "within the game" and "game to game" variations as it's overly emphasized in the living trailer and all gameplay devs blog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 01:44 PM   #22
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

I dont feel that ORACLE ARENA its sad;/
Old 09-14-2015, 01:52 PM   #23
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Loved the Kyrie spin move. And that was AI controlled? Never seen them do that and not looked cheated. Very smooth, natural, and something Kyrie would absolutely do IRL.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #24
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

These videos are great and there's a lot of good things in them. I'm guessing this game along with the other ones that have been posted are being played in the season. So I'm just wondering where's the ticker at?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »