Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Chicago Bulls vs. Memphis Grizzlies

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Chicago Bulls vs. Memphis Grizzlies within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 12:46 PM   #17
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Chicago Bulls vs. Memphis Grizzlies

I just watched video and have not read the thread yet, but that last possession by Bulls with Pau setting the shuffle cut screen for butler, the spacing on the floor, feeding the post then spaciing floor for him to operate was nice. Plus the help by Randolph on the cut to help was sweet.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #18
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm good with the Rose layup sequence...makes perfect sense to me....but that should be a foul.

You got beat, you come in late to try and deter the layup and end up bumping the driver...

This should be the logic that goes into fouls rather than bailout fouls at the rim...I'm watching closely in these vid's to see if they are still present...
Old 09-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #19
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

A few of the things I noticed were mentioned already but looking at the ZBo on the right block possession, I noticed the backside players looking confused. Conley initially came off off a Gasol screen but the moment the ball was thrown into the post he ran back to the corner to do it again. Would've look more natural if he kept going after the initial and if ZBo didn't hit him on the cut, he heads back to the corner.

I'm a play junkie and little things like that stand out. Some good things as well but like others I still see some legacy issues. Things like players looking confused or repeating/wasting motions has been present for the last game or two.

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 09-14-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #20
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

I like how the people in the floor seats are actually following the game. Their heads move(track) to where the ball is. And they clapped when the home team scored. Nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 09-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm good with the Rose layup sequence...makes perfect sense to me....but that should be a foul.

You got beat, you come in late to try and deter the layup and end up bumping the driver...

This should be the logic that goes into fouls rather than bailout fouls at the rim...I'm watching closely in these vid's to see if they are still present...
Yep, I agree with you regarding it being a foul. Moreover, I think I'd be more accepting of that sequence if Rose hadn't begun a one-footed layup animation (which would be the correct basketball play there) and was then randomly forced into a two-footed super contest (with or without a foul).

If a foul were committed there, I feel as though it should have been one that still would have given Rose a pretty clean takeoff and possibly very good chance of making the basket, since no one was in front of him or between him and basket.

That angle with that positioning from the offensive and defensive players usually results in two points at the rim in real life, or at least a player getting to the rim while being fouled from behind. Again, not a game-breaker, but certainly frustrating when it's happened to me.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-14-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #22
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

OVR: 1

It's Just One Gameplay Video. The Rose lay up. Is it impossible to happen ? No. Is This An automatic Foul ? No.

We have to see if this kind of animation (missed layup and not getting a foul called) is a tendency or not. I'm Ok.. With this thing happening once or two in game.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:48 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyknoxx
It's Just One Gameplay Video. The Rose lay up. Is it impossible to happen ? No. Is This An automatic Foul ? No.

We have to see if this kind of animation (missed layup and not getting a foul called) is a tendency or not. I'm Ok.. With this thing happening once or two in game.
True words. I'm admittedly a little guarded on the issue because even with the limited amount of time I had with 2K15, that exact situation popped up enough times to be frustrating. If they've capped it a bit, that'll be cool, but I thought it was a worthy observation nonetheless.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #24
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Amazing gameplay.....amazing. It's 2k basketball. i loved it on dreamcast, still love it now !

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »