Home

PES 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 04:44 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PES 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Is there even a need for a free kick taker trait anymore since there are literally no fouls? Come on, guys - that alone is a joke. David Beckham is crying somewhere.

I will still get the damn game in hopes of a patch to fix the referee calling fouls. Maybe they should've changed the cover to include Neymar and Howard Webb - to make a further emphasis on fouls, like they did for PES3 and PES 4:

Old 09-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #18
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
collision system improved but glitchy and unresponsive
I have NOT played the retailed code yet so I don't know but did something change with this from the demo? In the demo this was the most responsive controls for a PES game I ever played and also had the best collision detection.

I'm curious if others can comment on this because I never seen anyone say this yet until now... is it worst than the demo? I felt this was one the stronger parts of the demo.. as it was the most responsive I have ever played.

Last edited by stevostl; 09-15-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:49 PM   #19
Rookie

I still think this foul thing is getting a bit overblown. I get at least a couple of close free kicks a game. A lot of it depends on the player you are controlling. It's a lot easier to draw fouls with a winger than a DMF. Thecjey being drawing the foul. Just like in real life, you can expect to be found if you are flying into the area and a straight line holdibg down the dash button. If you see changes of speed and direction, and some clever dribbling you can draw fouls in this game a lot easier than you can in a lot of FIFA games.

Last edited by TeleTex82; 09-15-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:23 PM   #20
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
I still think this foul thing is getting a bit overblown. I get at least a couple of close free kicks a game. A lot of it depends on the player you are controlling. It's a lot easier to draw fouls with a winger than a DMF. Thecjey being drawing the foul. Just like in real life, you can expect to be found if you are flying into the area and a straight line holdibg down the dash button. If you see changes of speed and direction, and some clever dribbling you can draw fouls in this game a lot easier than you can in a lot of FIFA games.
There are definitely some things you can say that PES does better than FIFA, most notably player ID, and total team tactics, but to say that you can draw fouls easier in PES than FIFA is laughable. If you want I can post videos of me hacking down one player after another with naughty slide tackle after naughty slide tackle without fear of a foul let alone a card. There's no shot you can do that with FIFA, no shot. The foul system in PES is in need of a complete overhaul, and I guarantee it is NOT fixed with a patch, if it could, it would have been.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:25 PM   #21
Rookie

PES 6 was and will be the best game ever created. No fifa, no pes ever could compete with that. Just watch some videos and you will know what I mean.
Back to topic, I think they are taking steps in the right direction, but both games fifa and pes have their flaws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
There are definitely some things you can say that PES does better than FIFA, most notably player ID, and total team tactics, but to say that you can draw fouls easier in PES than FIFA is laughable. If you want I can post videos of me hacking down one player after another with naughty slide tackle after naughty slide tackle without fear of a foul let alone a card. There's no shot you can do that with FIFA, no shot. The foul system in PES is in need of a complete overhaul, and I guarantee it is NOT fixed with a patch, if it could, it would have been.
I'm not saying PES has better foul mechanics than FIFA as a whole, but this PES is no worse than FIFA 14. I've recently started playing that again and went 4 games without a single foul going my way.

A video might be helpful, because I'm having a different experience. Am I getting a realistic amount of fouls? Probably not, but you can't expect 10-15 fouls playing 15 minute halves. You'd spend the whole time in dead ball situations. I would say I average 3-4 fouls going my way and slightly more going against me, depending on the team I'm playing.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, or that more fouls wouldn't be amazing, but to dismiss this gamecbased on that when you hype up FIFA 14 so much seems a bit Harsh.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #23
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnakenpopanz
PES 6 was and will be the best game ever created. No fifa, no pes ever could compete with that. Just watch some videos and you will know what I mean.
Back to topic, I think they are taking steps in the right direction, but both games fifa and pes have their flaws.
Agreed, and to tell you the truth I have no interest in getting into a which game is better debate because in reality both games have their strengths and weaknesses, and in the end it just comes down to preference. I will say that FIFA IMO gets a raw deal as an "arcade" game because of the default style of the game. With sliders however the sim aspect of FIFA is right up there with PES, the difference being as I said team/player individuality. I'll stop now as this is an impressions thread.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #24
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
I'm not saying PES has better foul mechanics than FIFA as a whole, but this PES is no worse than FIFA 14. I've recently started playing that again and went 4 games without a single foul going my way.

A video might be helpful, because I'm having a different experience. Am I getting a realistic amount of fouls? Probably not, but you can't expect 10-15 fouls playing 15 minute halves. You'd spend the whole time in dead ball situations. I would say I average 3-4 fouls going my way and slightly more going against me, depending on the team I'm playing.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, or that more fouls wouldn't be amazing, but to dismiss this gamecbased on that when you hype up FIFA 14 so much seems a bit Harsh.
You're missing what I'm saying, although the lack of fouls in PES 16 is weak point, it would be OK if it weren't possible to bludgeon to opposition without mercy, and that's my issue with it. Although FIFA 14 was light on fouls, you certainly couldn't do what you can do in PES,( the issue in 14 had to do with the CPU being too precise, on the human side, all fouls were and still are punished.) Just watch any stream of human v human PES 2016 gameplay and you'll see what I mean. I didn't want to get into this because there is a lot to like with PES, there really is, the individuality, the physicality, the feeling of anything can happen, it's all there and when played the right way, it's a sight to behold. Problem is, I know that I can completely decimate the CPU with violent slide tackles and not get called as long as you get a toe on the ball and that sucks. I'm glad you like the game I really am, it's just not for me, not in its present state anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »