Home

FIFA 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:30 AM   #9
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
This is true. There have been times where I noticed that I prevented someone from making an interception. Defense is definitely better this year as my CPU teammates actually do play defense and don't just stand around gawking.

Now, I wish there was a way to make everyone press and try to dispossess the ball handler when they are in the final attacking third.
Yeah I go back & forth between tactical & legacy defending because of this.

For the first time in a while I actually have confidence in my CPU AI teammates when defending. So much so that I'm flirting with changing my switch settings.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:32 AM   #10
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Wow. I've been buying FIFA since FIFA 11. This is the best one yet. No more sprinting by players on wing to get easy goals. Total football has arrived. Midfield play is there, and in 2 games, my score lines have been 1-0, and 0-0. Both on world class with 10 minute halves.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #11
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Operation sports Kat Baily has officially written the worst review in the history of gaming. How does operation sports allow her on their podcast?
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fifa...down-the-table

She doesn't mention anything about the revolution in terms of gameplay balance this year. She thinks the best football game ever created is stale. LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 09:53 AM   #12
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Got a chance to play a little bit before work this morning, and damn, it's so nice to play longer matches than the demo.

Best part? Tactics, formations, and instructions totally work and really do change how teams play. Yes!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was completely done with EA and FIFA after 15. there was so much wrong with that game, no amount of tweaking or modding made it playable. After I got PES last week I really thought FIFA was dead in the water. I got the early access version a couple of days ago and was so pleasantly surprised.

This is the best FIFA in a long time, and I've played them all. They've adressed a lot of the major flaws from last year. I love how it rewards you for actually thinking about what you're doing. It's more about strategy than reflex. It's like going from COD to Battlefield, you have to be good to be good, if that make sense. The new defensive system feels great, and having a good midfield is actually something that'll make a difference on the pitch. In fact, a lot of things now make differences on the pitch, where they were superfluous before. For,actions, tactics, subs, all have a tangible effect on the game.

There are a few things that need addressing. So far manual passing, and goalies catching a lot of impossible balls instead of parrying. Other than that it's a great game. I just hope EA doesn't bow to the YouTube pack jockeys that are complain that it's too sim like. Overall, Ill need a few months before making a final judgement on what football game is king of the pitch this year, but two great games in one year is something truly to be grateful for.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #14
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Got a chance to play a little bit before work this morning, and damn, it's so nice to play longer matches than the demo.

Best part? Tactics, formations, and instructions totally work and really do change how teams play. Yes!
Really!? We have to get to work on these tactics.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:11 AM   #15
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

I don't usually trade in games but I traded in FIFA 15 today and got $5.20. What a disgrace! If I knew you got so little for it I would have just given it away to someone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 10:17 AM   #16
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
The answer is Legacy Defending. See my post above.
Legacy defending is cheap. In real soccer, at least skilled soccer, 4 guys don't go after the ball carrier because it would leave three guys open and they would be found through simple one-touch passes.

FIFA needs to get rid of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »