Home

FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 12:22 PM   #9
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Not much said about one of my biggest beefs with '15: do CPU teams actually play unique styles? It seemed like every team played the same way last year.
KG can say otherwise, but I think PES is still better in this arena. That being said, there's certainly some varying styles for particular teams. It maybe doesn't touch as many teams as it could/should -- and you'll still see more individual players doing cool unique things than teams -- but it has improved.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirminator
Have to agree with schnakenpopanz. I guess maybe its still too high for some, but I am finding it a lot less accurate than previous FIFA games. Some of that is the improved defensive AI, cutting off passing lanes, but some of it is definitely the passes themselves. Seeing more variation / sensitivity in strength. And the placement seems more varied as well.

I haven't been able to get the gang together for a true Pro Clubs match yet - they're all playing NHL - but the couple of drop-in matches I played were very "ping-pongy". Single-player against the AI did not have as much of the ping-pong going on.
To go into more detail: Simulation does not automatically mean more errors. Passing angles and passing lanes should matter, and they do. BUT and a big but for me are the passive responsiveness of teammates after the pass is played. they wait a long time till the ball comes to them. fifa 15's zig zag mode was not satisfying at all, but the other way round is as frustrating as well.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #11
Rookie

If you're looking at these games from a simulation perspective, than Kevin's review is spot on IMO. I need someone to tell me how you can omit fouls (for the 2nd year in a row) in a soccer game? All the while NEVER addressing it with the gaming community when they ask what gives?

It's easy to crap on EA (I've been doing it for years) but this ain't the one - it's by far the best FIFA I've played in a long, long time. And from my perspective, the teams do have different styles. Played PSG, Real Madrid and Barcelona and got varied styles of play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
For me, PES is no comparison to FIFA due to how it plays. It takes way too much work to move the ball, and the CPU has vastly more success at basic things like marking than the player does.

By playing each demo it's obvious that FIFA is more effortless to control the ball, better to defend as a team and I'm glad that this year offense will be more of a challenge.

Plus all the licenses go a long way with me.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:58 PM   #13
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10
Good to hear this game plays well - I'm always a bit skeptical initially though. I thought 15 was amazing at first but the more i played the more some of the warts started to show (in particular, as many have said, the defending took a massive amount of time to get good at, and the goalkeeping was generally horrendous for both the CPU and HUM). Im liking the slowed down playstyle though. FIFA on fast is no good (and is why i dont really like playing online)

Also, CM improvements - I'm excited about actually making/training younger players to become better (a much needed addition), but the transfer market was a huge let down last year (just pretty much no movement what so ever) and i'd be disappointed if its pretty much the same again. I didnt really enjoy being in Year 5 with my Newcastle CM and having to play against 80% of the same Arsenal team I had been playing against over the previous seasons.

Well see though. Ill be getting this game at some point.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #14
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Instead of complaining about the score he gave this game, look at it from this point of view. WE HAVE TWO GREAT SOCCER GAMES TO PLAY, which gives us consumers options. Imagine if we had this for Football, Hockey and Baseball? I think this is an excellent review with a lot of thought and effort put into it.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #15
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

I want to start out by saying Another Great Review!

I felt your PES one was well done. This is as well.

We are so fortunate to have two great football games this year. I purchased both and do not regret it at all. They are both wonderful.

FIFA 16 is in my opinion the best football game made to date. This is not to claim it flawless. The defensive improvements alone make it amazing.

Anyhow great review... Of course some like PES over FIFA but in the end for the first time in my opinion you can not go wrong getting either game. They both play a wonderful game of football. Having only played about 10 hours of FIFA I hope it stays as amazing as it is. If it does this will be the most played game I have ever owned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #16
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Keep in mind that KG reviewed the vanilla state of the game. This means that fouls and goalkeepers as gameplay elements are right away better in the FIFA 16 game than in the PES one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »