Home

FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 01:14 PM   #17
Pro

AnnihilusLivius's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1)

Yes. What a lovely lovely year to be a Football fan. 2 amazing games coming out -- NBA 2k16 comin' out this week as well. I'm like a 5 year old kid on christmas
Old 09-22-2015, 01:25 PM   #18
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
This makes me feel better. I was beginning to think I'm the only one who prefers FIFA to the competitor.

Both great games, and both very different. FIFA just rubs me the right way I guess, and I don't have to worry about things like finding option files and roster updates throughout the season, where Konami typically struggles.

I'm just enjoying the drastically improved AI this year in all aspects of the game. CPU teams pass the ball around fluidly, my CPU teammates defend more reliably, and the keepers are much improved as well. Just got in a quick game with the retail version before work, and I am dying to get back on it this evening.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #19
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Spot on review. Detailed and accurate on all points. You can tell it was someone that has actually played the game and not just summarizing features from the back of the box as other reviews have shown for this game so far. Well done Kev and OS.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-22-2015, 01:30 PM   #20
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Keep in mind that KG reviewed the vanilla state of the game. This means that fouls and goalkeepers as gameplay elements are right away better in the FIFA 16 game than in the PES one.
Maybe he did but I am playing both on higher difficulty and as sim as I can and FIFA is still this year better. I am normally a fan of PES over FIFA..

FIFA 16 is just the best game of football made to date. If any other sports game ever got a 9 then FIFA 16 deserves that or better.

Again best year ever for football gamers who like sim style. I play offline only and to me both games are amazing!
Old 09-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #21
Pro

Excellent review, glad to finally see a reviewer understand the sport and what the game should be all about while noticing the nuances that Fifa has created this year.
One negative for 16 however is the power and accuracy of the headers. It's great to see more accuracy required to get a cross to its target but once it is there I have seen some really crazy headers already, especially from the edge of the box against momentum that are still rocketed like an on balance kick. Hope they can tune that in a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #22
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
Maybe he did but I am playing both on higher difficulty and as sim as I can and FIFA is still this year better. I am normally a fan of PES over FIFA..

FIFA 16 is just the best game of football made to date. If any other sports game ever got a 9 then FIFA 16 deserves that or better.

Again best year ever for football gamers who like sim style. I play offline only and to me both games are amazing!
What I meant is that the higher score for FIFA is justified right away because of the above mentioned gameplay elements been better in EA's effort.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #23
Rookie

NightRaven3's Arena

I just dont understand why is it so hard to track stats? Its like having NBA 2K, but only seeing PPG or APG then when the offseason comes after the Finals, everyone is blank lol
Old 09-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #24
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
What I meant is that the higher score for FIFA is justified right away because of the above mentioned gameplay elements been better in EA's effort.
Oh, right on... I get you! Sorry, I read it wrong but I follow you now..

On a side note,
Kinda cool that both football games this year are so quality in standard settings... We all win if they are both putting out quality games and pushing each other each year.

One thing about FIFA 16 that I am pretty impressed with is the new weather and lighting. Obviously gameplay is what matters most to me, but this was something I was unaware they had improved until getting the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »