Home

PES 2016 Live Updates Begin on October 1, Data Pack 1 Arrives October 29

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Live Updates Begin on October 1, Data Pack 1 Arrives October 29 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 09:57 AM   #17
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2016 Live Updates Begin on October 1, Data Pack 1 Arrives October 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
KG, Any chance you think we'll get another stadium or two or three sometime down the road?
The PC version with Patches finished with about 46 stadiums last year.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:03 AM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
Well I assume they also have to do edits to tactics as well . Do they edit player stats as well based on form? Not sure if they even do that. But still, even a small team you see people online do this quicker than they do.
Player stats are edited weekly for MyClub so that shouldn't be an issue.

I don't think they edit tactics outside of formations and I don't even think they pay that much attention to them (neither does EA though). Should be able to tell pretty easily if Bayern still has a back-4 as opposed to the back-3 they have been playing this year.

One of them (Konami or EA) should hire someone from whoscored.com OR find a way to foster some sort of partnership.

IMO, whoscored is the best website to use for updating PES/FIFA. Easy user-friendly UI, advanced stats (player & team), etc...
Old 09-24-2015, 10:05 AM   #19
Rookie

This is why people who don't know anything about football shouldn't review games for major publications.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:14 AM   #20
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Question when does Sony's new 3.00 update drop, I am wondering if the huge gap between online and offline update has something to do with it.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:20 AM   #21
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
This is why people who don't know anything about football shouldn't review games for major publications.
While I agree that it def helps to know a bit about the sport you also have to take into the audience. We're pretty hard core, almost fanatical, here. I don't think many people who go on ESPN are necessarily looking for a video game review. They probably see it and say "oh cool, let me check it out" but the hardcore fans go to other sites for their video game info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #22
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
While I agree that it def helps to know a bit about the sport you also have to take into the audience. We're pretty hard core, almost fanatical, here. I don't think many people who go on ESPN are necessarily looking for a video game review. They probably see it and say "oh cool, let me check it out" but the hardcore fans go to other sites for their video game info.
I don't even get what he is referring to..... No review has anything to do with this update. A review for a sports game is usually based on the on field product. While Konami is quite pitiful, no one reviewing this game 10 days ago was like "lemme rate this game lower because the patch is going to be out on October 29th"? Doesn't even make sense and lacks logic. They were told their would be a Day1 patch from what I heard.

The lack of update hurts the current & immediate future, but a sports game is a 12 month thing. Madden, 2k, FIFA, PES, the majority of these forums go to figuring out how to get the game to play right the first month or so anyway. So after 1 month, you still have 11 months to play, nothing to rate a game lower for.

Honestly this delay has given me, & some of us time to figure out what we want for our ML when it comes to settings & edits, instead of doing that quick ML start and a week or two later being like "lemme restart with these changes and finds", we all have been there lol Once this delay is over, I know one thing: I'm Ready.

So because someone likes the game and reviews it high, means? I don't get it.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #23
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Well I guess I'll have to play FIFA then, even though the gameplay is not as good, until they get their act together at Konami. With all the other editing I have to do, I refuse to update the rosters myself. I always wondered why PES always include their roster updates in data packs instead of just releasing a roster to download every week or so like every other sports game on the market? The winter transfers take just as long if not longer to show up in game. At the end of the day, it's completely unprofessional to release a sports game with rosters from the previous season. Most companies would at least have them partially updated until the new rosters arrive. SMDH Konami.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:31 AM   #24
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
Well I guess I'll have to play FIFA then, even though the gameplay is not as good, until they get their act together at Konami. With all the other editing I have to do, I refuse to update the rosters myself. I always wondered why PES always include their roster updates in data packs instead of just releasing a roster to download every week or so like every other sports game on the market? The winter transfers take just as long if not longer to show up in game. At the end of the day, it's completely unprofessional to release a sports game with rosters from the previous season. Most companies would at least have them partially updated until the new rosters arrive. SMDH Konami.
Asia's business practices are very different from the Western World I must say. To be more hated then EA at the moment, says something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »