Home

First NHL 16 Roster Update Available Now

This is a discussion on First NHL 16 Roster Update Available Now within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #17
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 16 Roster Update for September Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Sucks having to wait until mid October to start a BeaGM.
Really bummed they didn't make a better shareable roster system this year. It would help to alleviate a lot of the issues people have.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #18
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Really bummed they didn't make a better shareable roster system this year. It would help to alleviate a lot of the issues people have.
So True....
Old 09-24-2015, 01:55 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
So True....
Likely won't be happening anytime soon to avoid lawsuits.

After the first week on the NHL season they will have an update....right now teams are still cutting players so rosters in NHL, AHL and the CHL are not what they will be until all the cuts are made.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm not waiting. I've just created all of the rookies and prospects who aren't in the game and been slowly editing every player to create a greater separation in speed, acceleration, checking, balance, puck control, endurance and shot accuracy. I'm tweaking everything but those are the biggest areas of adjustment. So far I'm through ANA-EDM, but I'm going to be going back and further adjusting certain traits after play testing a few games. Wish I could share it with you guys once it's done.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
I'm not waiting. I've just created all of the rookies and prospects who aren't in the game and been slowly editing every player to create a greater separation in speed, acceleration, checking, balance, puck control, endurance and shot accuracy. I'm tweaking everything but those are the biggest areas of adjustment. So far I'm through ANA-EDM, but I'm going to be going back and further adjusting certain traits after play testing a few games. Wish I could share it with you guys once it's done.
Hiya Moose
Im going to do the same , otherwise Im going to be constantly "waiting"
What "formula" are you going to use?
I have tinkered with some; Reducing the following attributes by 10 points on EVERY player:
SPEED
ENDURANCE
PUCK CONTROL
PASSING
ACCELERATION
DISCIPLINE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #22
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Sucks having to wait until mid October to start a BeaGM.
You could just check out Petr Puck and make some players based off his numbers if you'd like. I guess that part is personal preference, but at the very least the lists of roster moves is what I use every year to get things up to snuff enough to start my GM.

http://petrpuck.blogspot.ca/
Old 09-24-2015, 04:24 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Hiya Moose
Im going to do the same , otherwise Im going to be constantly "waiting"
What "formula" are you going to use?
I have tinkered with some; Reducing the following attributes by 10 points on EVERY player:
SPEED
ENDURANCE
PUCK CONTROL
PASSING
ACCELERATION
DISCIPLINE
For the most part I'm not really using a formula. I'm using stats on hit and blocked shot totals, relative to ice time to determine shot blocking and aggressiveness as accurately as possible. I'm lowering checking power significantly, I think I've got only the most highlight worthy hitters above an 85, none over 88. Endurance is being adjusted based on role to try and get more realistic ice time distribution, but not every top line player is automatically getting high endurance and vice versa. I've actually upped a lot of players shot power while significantly lowering shot accuracy (both wrist/slap). Strength is largely being based on height/weight proportion, with exceptions to players who are noticeably strong. Overall, I've given most players a bump to balance to (in conjunction with lowered checking) reduce the frequency of big hits. For the most part players are being significantly reduced in speed, acceleration and agility but I'm not doing any kind of -10 across the board because then everyone remains the same relative to one another. I want noticeable gaps between players. Right now I have, for example, Clayton Stoner on Anaheim at a 72 speed and Carl Hagelin/Andrew Cogliano at 97. That's a 25 point difference. I'm trying to create those moments of mismatches where speed can kill. If a guy like Hagelin is breaking down the wing on Karlsson in my roster, it's going to be an even race. If he catches a guy like Stoner he should blow by him. If the puck ends up in the corner though, Stoner's balance and strength should hopefully win that battle. Basically I'm going mostly off knowledge of the players, backing it up with stats where quantifiable and reading scouting reports where I'm unsure. Rather than uniformly knock 10 points off of everyone, I'm trying to create rosters where individual strengths shine. A big, strong, slow player with great reach and positioning is going to be slow, strong, high balance, good stick checking, good shot blocking, good defensive awareness. A speedy player like Kreider is going to have incredible speed, a good shot, good size and strength and okay hands. A speedy player like McDavid is going to have blazing speed and dazzling hands but not a big physical game.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:36 PM   #24
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
You could just check out Petr Puck and make some players based off his numbers if you'd like. I guess that part is personal preference, but at the very least the lists of roster moves is what I use every year to get things up to snuff enough to start my GM.

http://petrpuck.blogspot.ca/
I'm too lazy for that.. we need roster share!

Gives me more time to tweak sliders.. so it's not all that bad I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »