Home

NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

NBA 2K16 is available today for those that have pre-ordered. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

I've played a few games with the Pacers before going to work...and no, I'm STILL going to play Paul George at the SF, lol.

Quick thoughts...

Love the pace of the game, and the fact speed matters. Gives me real chance to make use of Ellis this year.

Like using the double tap for oops. I got a mean fastbreak with a pass from Ellis to George.

I might be in the minority, but I actually liked the right stick selecting from the other game. It was a pleasant surprise to see it in 2K16. Now, I don't have to take my thumb off the left stick to make on the fly changes.

The game feels more solid for on-the-ball defense. Granted, we'll see what happens when everyone gets used to the new controls; however, it DEFINITELY feels that I'm sliding less and not fighting for control of my player.

The big man left on an island with a guard or forward...Yeah, that threat is real, lol! Irving blew pass Turner like he was standing still. I was like "Holy ****! Didn't see that coming.", lol.

Loving the ball/rim physics.

Rebounding feels more organic instead of predetermined.

Jumpers feel smooth.

Liked the passing options.

Here's hoping that this will be the game to dethrone NBA 2K11 as the GOAT in MINE mind.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 09-25-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
Rookie

ClipsFanSince98's Arena

1. Defense WAY better. The blocks are awesome and you can't just turbo run by players anymore. As the defender you feel like you have a chance now too.

2. Overall environment and gameplay is much improved. Crowds feel alive, physics are way more accurate, players have more emotion.

3. Visuals took another leap.

4. Love how fair/accurate players ratings and gameplay are this year.

Cons:

1. The mode I was most excited for (My Career) has a ton of audio bugs as usual and an extremely corny plot.

2. Sure they added wingspan but they took away definition+body types over years and nicknames this year for your player. Rather than feel like I'm my own guy, I feel like I'm playing someone else's REALLY corny life.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Everything that I could have wished for!! As much love as I have for the other title it has already been put back up on Craigslist. This game has made me drop the price way below retail because this game is just that damn good. Hopefully a potential buyer won't try 2k16 first or I'm hosed lol.

This game is gonna really mess up the goal I set for myself to clean up my backlog of games. It's just not gonna happen.

So fellas don't waste your time reading this thread go out and get the best, most complete bball game ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2015, 10:18 AM   #5
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Crazy to see FanDuel on the ad boards.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon6 Re: NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

Man what a game !!!Presentation is excellent love the video bombs saw Lebron do one yesterday,Rebounds and blocks look and feel so much better. Dunks are off the chain this year for real..lol. Man the Biggs in the game are awesome....contact is definitely more believable, still getting used to controls There is game tutorials for controls also btw- watch them !!Thanks for practice mode being back I love it, Crowd reaction is better this year, players are playing like themselves more and more this year, mannerism are very good also. Stadiums got a lot of love this year too..nice, I'm telling you guys it's the little things that make this game even more special, like falling into someone and watching them react to the person that fell into them..(priceless) players pushing off trying to get around a defender, spacing on the court so much better, getting punished for making bad play decisions...lol Coach reactions to bone head plays... computer shaking the screen when you shoot free throws.... Man this game is great !!I really do believe the Hype is very much deserved this year, 2k you guys did a excellent job this year for sure..!!! Real basketball fans are going to love this game, now I am not saying that everything is perfect, but this is without a doubt the best basketball game on the planet !!! Funny thing is I am on a PS4(FYI) and I have not even touched all of the other modes yet and already feel this way just from practice mode and play now (offline) this game will be played for months that is for dam sure !!!

Last edited by jlbrown143; 09-25-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #7
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

-The defense is much improved and matters in the paint. Guys arent just going to make layups on you all day through contact (online and offline)

- Online, you wont be able to just make 3-pointers from everywhere with your favorite player anymore. You are going to have to work for it. A guy played against me with the Knicks and just keep chucking it up with Melo. It did not work through on-ball defense.

- On ball defense matters.

- The pick and roll is not as effective which is good.

- A.I. teammates play better defense although your best bet is to still play on-ball defense.

- The paint is more physical.

- You cant just do a bunch of iso dribbles to your destination.

- Fadeaway 3point cheese doesnt work

All my points were from online play
Old 09-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Playing against the Clippers, Josh Smith kept taking bad contested jumpers. It was beautiful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »