Home

NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 11:03 AM   #17
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

I've only played one game so far but man this game is awesome. There are a few new rebounding animations that I like, having Drummond jump up grab the rebound over everyone and then dunking it felt so good. This might be the best basketball game ever.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:08 AM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0

Still getting used to the game but this is easily the best 2K ever defensively. I have so much to use as a defender it's crazy. I'm loving it.

Crossovers are great and it was a good idea to make sig dribbles be done with holding turbo, freed things up for regular dribbles without turbo. That was a dope decision.

I can go on and on about the good things. But there is one thing that still sucks..............

The CPU just plays so dumb at times smh. Why, I mean what is so hard about settling for a mid range jumper. Everybody still is focused on forcing their way to the basket, which a lot of times results in a ******** pass that would never be attempted or a shot clock winding down until a bad shot is forced. SO MANY TIMES THE CPU CREATES SPACE ON THE PERIMETER, but due to the attack the basket logic, they never take the clean jumper. It's crazy cause the CPU would rather take a jumpshot running straight into the defenders chest than settle for an open one or mildly contested one. I wish they could fix this. The other game definitely had a more realistic playing CPU which is sad.

Other than that, no complaints at all. This is already looking like the GOAT.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #19
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

After a solid 5hours of game play last night and Barely waking up for work on time. I'll say this. This game is a classic if you appreciate sim basketball. Everything is spot on in terms of play style, tempo and etc. sure there are little things you can nitpick but the game is so much more realistic than last year.

Now for online. YES I SAW CHEESERS LAST NIGHT! Its in the game and likewise in other games such as call of duty, madden, halo, it's inevitable. But I tell you what I noticed. If you play team basketball with some friends on park you can beat these CHEESERS. I saw teamwork beat CHEESERS last night and in 2k15 I felt like I had to abandon my style of play and cheese with them In order to even be competitive or beat them and I hated that because I appreciate playing realistic.

Everything is so smooth. I used to think FIFA was the best game in terms of skill needed to play. I think nba has taken that position. For example, I always felt like if you were A lower tier team you could beat a friend playing with Barcelona if you had the stick skills and understood soccer. This is the first year where I can say nba 2k15 is like that. My friends that beat me in 2k15 tend to pick teams such as golden state and the cavs and I always felt like it was sometimes impossible to beat them due to talent. Well from what I saw so far I truly believe that this game requires the most skill and knowledge needed in order to win. You learn an offense, you learn the angles players take on cuts and the screens they set, going into the post, your position on defense. Your players strengths and weaknesses everything is accounted for and I believe this game clearly portrays that.

Good job 2k.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #20
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

It's all about the fine details. I can't explain it, but those who loved 15, you will love 16. This is real basketball and represents the real game! Everything feels fantastic about this game. Reboundning, ability to play good defense, shooting feels smoother (signature shots feels fantastic) and the graphics are more stunning than ever. For the first time in 2K, the courts are finally where they should be, they look amazing. The new control scheme is a bit overwhelming for me at first, I think you can go back to the old controls (I think in the options) someone confirm?

MY only nitpicks are the legends. I will say, they look better than 15, some players look better than others, hopefully they'll update their scans on a patch. Will have more impressioons later when I play some more modes. Haven't tried online yet.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:18 AM   #21
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

We have a few new ratings.

Contact Dunk
Acceleration
Reaction Time

Nice to see them spread the speed/quickness ratings out finally. Really putting a nice gap between athletes and non-athletes. CP3 is a 79 speed which is cool because he isn't a great athlete. Nice on there. I am OCD so of course I think I can adjust them.

Seems like their rating for contact dunks was sorta random. They kept them low surprisingly. I say we cap it off at 75. I will come up with a formula.

Also in edit mode, ratings and tendencies are grouped by Off, Def, Ath, Other
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 11:30 AM   #22
Rookie

The plan was to play a couple of minutes in freestyle mode to get used to the post and dribble moves, then one quick match before jumping into MyCareer. Now, 6 hours, later, I just finished another quick game. Just wanted to keep playing and see new match-ups, if that doesn't tell you the game is good, then what is?

A couple of things that got me really exciting:
- The fluidity of the game
- Went under some screens (2k15 habit) against Portland, Lillard instantly shooting 3's.
- Grizzlies - Warriors was a grindfest, most beautiful play was Gasol spinning off the post (yes you read it right, no fadeaway, he spinned!)
- Weave motion with the Golden State Warriors, handoffs
- Love the fact that Curry defended Allen instead of Conley, Thompson did a great job on the perimeter.
- The passing system is great, in combination with the footplanting system I can actually find a cutting or rolling player in the paint.

So many other things, but I dont want to waste any more time. Have fun everybody.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:35 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Do AI big men use post moves in the paint? Or is it the standard fadeaway and running hooks like we have seen in the past?
Old 09-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #24
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Only played one official game but it was nice! Played 87 Lakers vs 88 Pistons and let me tell you, I got roasted most of the game. My defense was getting eaten alive mostly from 2k15 habits and all the turnovers Magic had (was trying to get comfortable using the passing system). The ball really seems tangible this year and makes your mistakes not feel as frustrating. Also, on ball D is legit. I was guarding Dumars with Byron a few consecutive possessions and I was locking him up! It felt natural, and the same goes for when guards were blowing by bigs (Magic had a hard time guarding Isiah). Mismatches work as well. I was killing them using Magic in the post against Isiah and also Cap's skyhook was money over Laimbeer. The crowd got into it late when I came back but we fell short for lack of shooting and turnovers.

All in all, I think this could break into the top 2 2k's of all time.

P.S. I legit brainfarted on the jumpball timing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »