Home

NBA Live 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

NBA Live 16 is available today. Make sure you play a few games and share your impressions with the community.

If you have questions about the game, post them in the Q&A thread, we'd like to keep this topic strictly on impressions.

Read the full press release below.

Today Electronic Arts Inc. launched NBA LIVE 16 on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. NBA LIVE 16 highlights the brand-new LIVE PRO-AM mode, as well as the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players can express themselves both on and off the court with new gameplay mechanics, fresh gear and kicks, plus new ways to play.

LIVE PRO-AM provides players the chance to rise together with online team-play mode LIVE Run and the new cooperative Summer Circuit mode. In LIVE Run up to 10 players can compete in online games to 21 points on iconic courts like Rucker Park, Venice Beach, Terminal 23 and more. Summer Circuit allows up to five players to travel around North America challenging all-star teams as they try to become the true kings of the court. Those who have played the NBA LIVE 16 demo on Xbox One or PS4 will be able to carry over created player progress and unlocked gear, getting a leg up on the competition.

Players can find the perfect gear to express their personality, with hundreds of shirts, shoes, sneakers, and more available from top brands. Players can also get themselves in the game with the official NBA LIVE Companion (available on the App Store and Google Play) featuring GameFaceHD. This exclusive mobile scanning technology allows fans to quickly and easily scan their face and upload it to their in-game character.

Created characters can also be used in Rising Star career mode (retaining all progression across modes), and aspiring GMs can try their hand at running a NBA franchise in Dynasty mode. Players looking to build an unbeatable crew of both modern stars and past greats can jump into LIVE Ultimate Team, and those hoping to either relive or rewrite history can check out LIVE Rewind and Big Moments. Newcomers or players looking to build their skill base can jump into Learn LIVE, with multiple options for drills and practice sessions.

Fans will also be treated to enhanced gameplay in NBA LIVE 16 thanks to the new LIVE Motion physics system. Players move with purpose and react intelligently to try and get open with cuts and off-ball screens. Plus, new mechanics like touch passing and dribble handoffs make it easier than ever to orchestrate the offense and make the big play. In addition to all these features, new shot mechanics, shot meter and feedback give players instant information to help them learn exactly when to release the ball. With the variety of modes, options and gameplay upgrades, there’s something in NBA LIVE 16 for everyone.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One

Last edited by Steve_OS; 09-29-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 08:57 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Re: NBA Live 16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

At my boys house watching\playing now...

The patch or patches clean up a lot of little warts that you may have seen in the demo.

Some of the new driving animations are actually pretty dope...
Old 09-29-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

The patch or patches clean up a lot of little warts that you may have seen in the demo.

i didn't see and update notice on the trial version, it just did the regular routine with checking and downloading synergy then showing random numbers but i didnt have to wait for an update
Old 09-29-2015, 09:22 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
i didn't see and update notice on the trial version, it just did the regular routine with checking and downloading synergy then showing random numbers but i didnt have to wait for an update

Yeah I believe the demo didn't have any patches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

OT:
I really hope my two sons (12 & 9) eventually learn to like sports games.
That's basically all we played growing up; Tecmo Bowl, NHL, Live, endless different baseball games...
We'd have seasons, stats, etc. It was a blast.

My boys being as old as they are, you'd think we'd be knee-deep in a few franchises ourselves.
But they're into Minecraft and Destiny.
Hopefully one day they wake-up and realize how fun sports games are.

Loving the impressions boys. Keep it up.
I'm not a basketball fan but I loved this game back in the day. Might jump back in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 09:48 AM   #6
Rookie

I was prompt to update on 10 hr EA access trail don't know if that was the big patch or just roster update I did notice some rookies were scanned it not all .....I really hope EA add in some new scans I know they were at teams media day yesterday would be dope if they add them in this year not 17
Old 09-29-2015, 09:56 AM   #7
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm loving the new animations. The player models are on par or slightly above 2k16's. The new shooting meter is a nice addition and I like how it breaks down the percentage that the shot will go in once you release. But my God... The AI is unstoppable once it decides to drive in the paint. And it will do it a lot if it sees an ounce of daylight no matter how many bigs are clogging the lane. Eight times out of ten, it will be a dunk or a nifty layup, with the occasional block by your defender. Hopefully this can be tuned somehow.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I believe the demo didn't have any patches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i was talking about ea access, i turned on the game this morning thinking i was going to have to wait for the patch to download but every thing came on like normal, maybe it downloaded on its own overnight, idk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »