Home

Blood Bowl 2 Review

This is a discussion on Blood Bowl 2 Review within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Blood Bowl 2 Review

Despite a bunch of tweaks and re-releases on nearly every platform, the original Blood Bowl was a relatively mediocre and niche title, an odd digital port of an old medieval football board game. Yet five years later, we get its sequel -- or at least a sequel in name.

Blood Bowl 2 might as well use the trendy "2.0" nomenclature, as this isn't a true sequel but rather a reboot. Blood Bowl 2 streamlines gameplay, offers accessibility and along the way loses a little bit of its charm.

Read More - Blood Bowl 2 Review
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
I have played bloodbowl sense the ninetys and I can say that it was always only as fun as the people playing it. The game it self is a great concept and flows smothly. I can't wait to find this one on my Xbox
Old 10-05-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
Rookie

Nice review, i am thinking about getting it but since i donīt have a PC it would be on the PS4, anyone know if the controls are well designed for console gameplay?
Old 10-05-2015, 06:32 PM   #4
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
Nice review, i am thinking about getting it but since i donīt have a PC it would be on the PS4, anyone know if the controls are well designed for console gameplay?
I have it for Xbone and the controls are fine to my tastes. I can't see why it would be any different for PS4.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
I have it for PS4 and it controls great. Loving this game. Every game is unique and different. It's like chess, football, soccer, with a twist of Game of Thrones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #6
Just started!

Has anyone here played this who played the previous version of the game? I'm a long time Blood Bowl player (table top) but live where theres no one around to play. The last version of the game was solid but the interface was very clunky. Getting information on your opponents players was bad and the next thing you know you're making a block you shouldn't be. Theres also a few major bugs in it (not being able to bring extra players on the pitch, sometimes being given too many players on the pitch) that drive me crazy. Can anyone speak to these issues and how this game flows to the first version?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2015, 07:01 PM   #7
Staff Writer

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc
Has anyone here played this who played the previous version of the game? I'm a long time Blood Bowl player (table top) but live where theres no one around to play. The last version of the game was solid but the interface was very clunky. Getting information on your opponents players was bad and the next thing you know you're making a block you shouldn't be. Theres also a few major bugs in it (not being able to bring extra players on the pitch, sometimes being given too many players on the pitch) that drive me crazy. Can anyone speak to these issues and how this game flows to the first version?

Thanks
The interface is vastly improved, in my opinion (above). Super clear to see what you are doing. I wish all of the die rolls were "manual."

I haven't encountered any weird glitches yet, other than some strange AI decisions.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
I have it for Xbone and the controls are fine to my tastes. I can't see why it would be any different for PS4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
I have it for PS4 and it controls great. Loving this game. Every game is unique and different. It's like chess, football, soccer, with a twist of Game of Thrones.
Thanks for the answers, i am thinking about buying it before the end of the year, i really miss more strategy games on my PS4 and this one seems to fit perfectly this genre.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »