Home

NBA Live 16 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA Live 16 Review

NBA Live 16 is the best game the series has seen in over half a decade. It is reliably fun, has a few decent game modes, including the surprisingly well-made Summer Circuit, and does not attempt to reinvent the wheel of basketball simulation.

Despite large strides, the game still has a tendency to look and feel like a chicken with its head cut off. There is hardly ever any consistency -- whether it be clunky commentary or odd decisions on the part of the CPU -- and it starts to take away from the fun if you're looking for a true simulation experience.

The series certainly is not where it needs to be this year, but NBA Live 16 is not a bad game to keep building on moving forward.

Read More - NBA Live 16 Review
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
NBA Live 16 Review

Good review. I can agree with most that is written here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #3
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Good review, loving the game myself.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
While I wont be buying this year, I am glad to see the series moving in a positive direction. I hope for good competition in the future.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #5
Rookie

CEOHaize's Arena

OVR: 0
I'll be buying this. Probably around the all star break when the price drops. I really wish they'd just make the pro am avaiable for download.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 11:43 AM   #6
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
This review seems to hit on the true pros and cons of game. It is a basketball game that is easy to learn and play, offers the typical mode expected of a sports game but lacks the depth of other games in the genre. Not a bad game by any means but impressions will come down to expectations. If you are expecting a deep, simulation experience you'll be disappointed but if you are looking for a basketball game that is fun, easy to learn and play, and has the modes you expect with demanding a lot from the user then this might be a game to look at.

I've only played the trial version, which is essentially the retail game, and have had fun with it. Live won't be my go to basketball game this year but if and when I can pick it up on sale (i.e black friday) ilill definitely invest sometime into it, especially the Pro-AM, Summer Circuit mode.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 16 Review

I'm really torn on whether I should be Live or 2K. I loved Live back on the 90's but ever since Dreamcast I've been playing 2K.

I rented 2K16 and played the live 16 demo and don't know which one I should buy. 2K is solid but I think I am ready for something different. Even though 2K looks great and plays good I think it might be too much of a true simulation for me. I'm a casual basketball fan and I don't normally run plays on offense so in that sense I think live would appeal to me more.

I don't like to it to be all dunks and 3's but the live gameplay in the demo is much more fun on offense than 2K. How is the gameplay in Live compared to how it is in the demo? More importantly, how is the online play in Live in standard games? Is it a dunk and three point fest or is t a little more balanced? Any lag? How are the connections.

I think I'm leaning toward buying live, I just find it more fun hitting the threes more regularly and a few more dunks, I just don't want it to be all offense.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:48 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 30
After playing the demo, reading opinions and now this review, I decided not to relive the 'glory days' of purchasing 2 sports games of the same sport. I'll stick to 2K16 this year but will see what next year brings for Live because I really like the potential here in 16 but can't deal with the AI and repetitive animations issues I'm reading about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »