Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR To Add New Golfers, Modes and Courses Between Now & March

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR To Add New Golfers, Modes and Courses Between Now & March within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 09:32 PM   #9
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR To Add New Golfers, Modes and Courses Between Now & March

Well, that's promising. Long time out though unfortunately.

Really sad to see Pebble Beach and some other classics not on the list.

Something, is far better than nothing though.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR To Add New Golfers, Modes and Courses Between Now & March

Good to hear they are still making a decent effort. However, this game is still not worth $60 to me, especially with other games keeping me occupied. Maybe if they update the career mode I might buy it.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Glad to see some concrete plans for additional courses even if the dates are somewhat vague (between now and March 2016 ... seriously). The inclusion of golfers in the game is so minor to me that I wouldn't have even been able to tell you Dustin Johnson wasn't already in the game ... about the only time I ever used the featured golfers in past games was when they had the Ryder Cup and then I'd use the players in addition to my own golfer to compete as a team. Just keep improving the season mode primarily through additional courses and if possible the appearance and I'd be happy ... the nice thing about the newer courses is they do get me to put the game back in and play again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #12
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers
The inclusion of golfers in the game is so minor to me that I wouldn't have even been able to tell you Dustin Johnson wasn't already in the game ...
I never used the pro golfers until this game. 1. I don't play this game enough (yet) to accrue enough XP to shoot a decent round. 2. It's a good way to avoid the over the top celebrations.

Justin, please give us the ability to turn those off.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:20 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 0

The last EA golf game I got was like tiger woods 11 or something. I was maybe going to get this game but it sounded like it was kind of like NHL 15 in that it had a lot of things missing in the game. I may get the game latter when it is cheaper and if they added enough things. I am just wondering how much has the game improved since it first came out? How does it play compared to tiger last gen? Also how is career mode compared to last gen tiger? Any talk about career mode getting some free DLC or any thing?
Old 10-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #14
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
The last EA golf game I got was like tiger woods 11 or something. I was maybe going to get this game but it sounded like it was kind of like NHL 15 in that it had a lot of things missing in the game. I may get the game latter when it is cheaper and if they added enough things. I am just wondering how much has the game improved since it first came out? How does it play compared to tiger last gen? Also how is career mode compared to last gen tiger? Any talk about career mode getting some free DLC or any thing?
In my opinion, it plays just like the last gen tiger games. It's got a lot of the same feel to it.

To be honest, I don't feel it's changed too much since release. They fixed up some bugs, they've added two courses at this point, so that's nice. It's still pretty bare though to be honest.

The career mode is... ok. I really wish it had a calendar so you can see what's coming up, but it doesn't. I forget the number, but there's like 15-20 tournaments I think on the schedule that you play through.

The two courses they've released as free DLC, have both been incorporated into the career mode schedule, without having to restart your career, which is a big plus.

This very thread talks about what EA plans to continue to add as DLC...

Bottom line to me... if you're on XB1... I'd get EA Access, even if just for one month to play the 10 hour trial. Check it out for yourself. I like the game, it looks good, commentary is nice, the celebrations are terribly done, it plays like you'd expect an EA golf game to play, but to be honest, it's lacking substance still. Needs more courses, more game modes, and IMO, it needs them much sooner than the March timeline EA is apparently trying to follow here.

I think that addresses your points.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #15
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
I never used the pro golfers until this game. 1. I don't play this game enough (yet) to accrue enough XP to shoot a decent round. 2. It's a good way to avoid the over the top celebrations.

Justin, please give us the ability to turn those off.
So after my fairly negative post, to be fair I'm stoked about being able to play Oakmont with this game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

I have been a huge negative dweller for this game on OS, but this is great news. All I have asked for is direction and plans to be laid out to help my expectations. This game will still stay on the shelf for now, but hopefully early next year will be as robust as I expected it to be when I first heard about the game. Still would like to hear more about career mode enchancements, ending dumb clelebrations and a few more golfers.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »