Home

Franchise Hockey Manager 2 Review (PC/Mac)

This is a discussion on Franchise Hockey Manager 2 Review (PC/Mac) within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2015, 02:17 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Franchise Hockey Manager 2 Review (PC/Mac)

Franchise Hockey Manager didn’t have the best start last year. The hockey management text-simulation certainly showed promise -- and after a major update was much better -- but it ultimately fell short of its initial promise.

The game, developed by the same company which produces Out of the Park Baseball, decided to take a new look at several aspects of how it does things. Taking a cue from Out of the Park Baseball, much of the game will be familiar to veterans of that franchise.

The interface has been cleaned up (and it looks a lot more like the other OOTP text-sim), and more importantly, the game experience has been refined, which leads to a better overall experience over last year’s game.

Read More - Franchise Hockey Manager 2 Review (PC/Mac)
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 04:48 AM   #2
Rookie

binga30's Arena

OVR: 0
Is there a demo available? Shelling out $40AUD is not something I take lightly for unpolished games.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
Rookie

JBate24's Arena

OVR: 1
Nope, no demo.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:21 PM   #4
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
I have the Steam version and its much better than the first FHM; however, there is still a lot of room to grow. With that said, the developers and producer are very active on Steam and the OOTP forums.

My biggest concern is the simulation engine. An upgrade from last year, but still needs a lot of work. I've seen goals in the first 3-seconds multiple times. Also, you cannot see exactly where the puck is (like EHM:EA), just "areas".

Like I said earlier though, the game is definitely headed in the correct direction and worth it for any hockey fan. Feel free to ask me any questions about the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »