Home

Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM (Part II)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM (Part II) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2015, 03:36 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 33
FIFA has been the only game that EA have really invested in for the last few years. Madden, NHL, PGA...all have a few tweaks here & there & although they may look a little prettier on the latest consoles, fundamentally they still suffer age old issues. Limited presentation, repetitive commentary, predictable AI & the menus of course. Menus that look like something coded in the dark ages, which may be somewhat acceptable if they were quick to navigate. Instead they're sluggish, cluttered & require far to many button presses to get to a required screen.
Madden can only get where it needs to be with a heap of investment & a complete rebuild from the ground up. As it stands the long running series has turned into a patchwork quilt where one year a problem will be addressed but another 1 will arise. Maybe if EA had some competition from another developer they would be forced to push the series forward as they did with FIFA.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #10
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
They also need to fix auto subs in cfm
I get better rotations in play now.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:19 PM   #11
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM (Part II)

Cannot disagree with the beginning of this video and his reasoning more. Online will not succeed in bringing you into a immersed experience because people just don't have time to dedicate to 31 other people, let alone create an experience around 31 schedules. The point of franchise is not to play with friends etc...that is what single exhibition is for. Single franchise is where I get to get lost in my own nfl experience and should have completed control of all aspects. That does not currently exist because my franchise is geared towards hooking up with others which has caused a ton of problems that have been discussed in multiple threads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO, they made a critical error when they decided to revamp the franchise mode in order to attempt to make it more appealing to casual Madden players. Every mode doesn't have to appeal to every one of your customers. Nothing could be done to make me play MUT or Draft Champions, and that is totally OK. I'm glad those modes are there though to keep the sales strong enough to let the gameplay team do its thing, and to theoretically let CFM, be a mode for the hardcore. They need to stop trying to nurse people through CFM, it's hurting the mode greatly.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
This video is spot on about what would make this mode more worth the time investment the issue is there's no need for EA to invest time in CFM when they have a cash cow in UT and CFM user only make them $60. They don't see a need in it. If us CFM user stopped buying madden they would still make their money because UT is king in sports games now.
I just honestly want there to be strategy in FM that would make it worth the time invested.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:40 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well said about it all

About connecting to the other teams

Depth in contracts, draft etc

Storytelling always works!
Old 10-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #15
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Cannot disagree with the beginning of this video and his reasoning more. Online will not succeed in bringing you into a immersed experience because people just don't have time to dedicate to 31 other people, let alone create an experience around 31 schedules. The point of franchise is not to play with friends etc...that is what single exhibition is for. Single franchise is where I get to get lost in my own nfl experience and should have completed control of all aspects. That does not currently exist because my franchise is geared towards hooking up with others which has caused a ton of problems that have been discussed in multiple threads.
I think you're missing the point he's making with Online Franchise. It sort of ties into the point that Madden's franchise overall lacks in creating a "living world" that you're apart of, however, with online franchise and playing with your friends, you and your peers can create a similar atmosphere. The point about Online CFM not being able to be immersive because people can't dedicate time to 31 other people isn't a fault of online CFM; that's a fault of the users themselves.

But overall, couldn't agree more with both Fixing CFM videos. The lack of immersion really kills the mode for me, and it's been that way for years. I have to dig through menus to figure out what teams are playing well, what players are playing well, who's hurt, etc. The news section and faux twitter feed was a nice addition when it was first added, but nothing has been done with it and it provides little context to the CFM world that I'm in.

The ticker is useless as it only gives present day NFL scores and updates. The ticker in-game only gives Drive Goal info which is annoying. The commentators don't acknowledge anything that's happening in the NFL outside of a quick overlay of division standings.

I wish these vids would get more exposure and hope EA gets a chance to see them.

Good stuff Chase.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #16
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

I agreed with everything you said until this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The other thing I think that is that they need to go back to the original camera angle the game is watched from on TV (the side view).
Or even better, allow gamers the ability to customize the camera view they want to play from.
I feel like running between the tackles would be nearly impossible and passing down the field would be throwing blind past like 10 yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
For Madden Franchise mode, IT Must Have everything an NFL Team(s) do/deal with year after year:

Updates from around the League on bottom ticker and w/ Live Break-ins of scores from around the League on Sunday. Keep Ticker running of final score during Sunday and Monday games.
Maybe include some updates of injuries on noted players from around the League...........Insider like Schefter could be used here.

It's all about laying a solid foundation & you start with everything that goes on during a NFL Year (and carry it over to the next year).

I'm not tired of posting in a wish-list thread, but all of this should already be the foundation of Offline Franchise mode. I'll keep posting it until "It's in the game!!"
EA says they read the boards, only way I know how to communicate with them in detail.
Agree, that game you've described just doesn't sound like madden though. lol

I think the easiest things would be injuries (i swear they did that before) and defensive matchups/situational subs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »