Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.04 Available Now on PS4 and Xbox One

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.04 Available Now on PS4 and Xbox One within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2015, 11:12 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.04 Available Now on PS4 and Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Practice IS the key. I am hoping you know how to set a draw and fade up in the pre-shot routine using the non-shot analog stick. A good way to practice is clicking on the non-shot stick and using the practice swing. If I am not mistaken, each practice swing will show you how your shot would have finished up by watching the camera. At least that is how it works using 3-click. I have not tried using practice swing in TOUR or TOUR Custom mode.
For sure I know how to set it up. It's the execution part that I have issues with. And I had no idea about the practice swing!! That I will try for sure.

Update- wow. I'm an idiot. Right click right stick and practice swing away! Still very tough. Which is a good thing by the way...

Last edited by Capfan11; 10-29-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Add on
Old 10-29-2015, 02:40 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

All,

Some really good discussions on courses and gameplay in the RM forums....Justin stopped by today to address some of the comments about fantasy courses as well as what we can look forward to with upcoming updates.....

Quote:
HANDSWARD wrote:

I see this convo continuing on so I'll chime in on the topic...

I know there are plenty of you that don't like fantasy courses. You have all been plenty vocal about them for a long time. But you all have to understand that these courses actually get more play than most other courses. Where we stand right now, Paracel Storm is still far and away the most played course in the game and Coyote Falls sits at #4. And those numbers are even more impressive when you realize that they are not in career at all. Now we are already seeing a ton of play on this new course and it has only been out for a couple days. I expect it to be the most played course for the next few months.

That being said, there are plenty of authentic courses on the way. The announcement from a few weeks ago told you about 4 courses, 3 of which are authentic courses. 2 of those have never been int he game before and Oakmont will feel brand new because they have been restoring it to it's original state from the early 1900's. So plenty of content there for those looking for authentic courses.

On a side note, we are always trying to make the gameplay better for all users. I have another update to miss hit that I am working on for the advanced swing. It adds a new form of mis - hit that is read off you being outside the swing plane at any point in the swing. All that has mattered to this point is your starting point, finishing point, and swing speed. This added layer will improve what we feel is already a solid simulation golf swing mechanic.

So be patient kids, plenty for everyone coming down the pipeline.
I am geeked about the improvements to the Advanced Swing in TOUR Custom.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 10-29-2015, 04:03 PM   #19
Rookie

catcherforbaseball's Arena

OVR: 1

I also just won the Fed Ex cup of season 1 and didn't get my PSN Trophy. Just a thought I thought I'd pass along.

Please add XP in play now mode!!
Old 10-30-2015, 12:45 AM   #20
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm shocked at the claim that the fantasy courses are among the most played. Shocked. Absolutely shocked.

Raise your hand if you play them. Seriously. And by play, I mean more than once or twice to just check it out.

I dont get it, who buys a PGA tour golf game, to place fake courses.

To each their own. I get it. That's cool.

I'm just... surprised to say the least.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #21
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I'm shocked at the claim that the fantasy courses are among the most played. Shocked. Absolutely shocked.

Raise your hand if you play them. Seriously. And by play, I mean more than once or twice to just check it out.

Brandon - Wouldn't this be some sort of online play stats or do you think that they monitor what offline players are doing over their internet connection?

If it's the former than this does not surprise me based on what other sport's forums think and say about the online population.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 01:32 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27

This is a great question. I have to wonder if people buy it and play these course with their kids? I know that there is a large portion of screenshots that I saw where people were trying to ace every hole in parcel storm. Par 3s also take less time, so I can see that playing into some of the edge in plays.

I also would like to see a break down of total plays by swing type.

When the game first came out, my friends and I played each course once. But always played the real course a few times until everyone stopped playing. The lack of updates, celebrations and content might have also pushed the sim golfer away, like it did with my friends, so the arcade golfers are making up most of the plays.

Last edited by goillini03; 10-30-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:55 PM   #23
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Designer

HANDSWARD_EA's Arena

OVR: 7

The telemetry for the courses played come from any user that is connected to the EA Servers, regardless of what mode is being played (excluding night club cause it doesn't have the "round played" telemetry tag). Career is by far the most played mode so Paracel Storm having the most rounds played and not being in career is extremely impressive. It speaks volumes to just how liked it is.

If you're curious about the gameplay styles those numbers look like this:
70% - Arcade
10% - Tour
10% - Classic
10% - Custom (of these each swing mechanic is used fairly evenly)

Classic style was actually the highest used after the first 2 weeks of the game being out but my guess is it was mostly casuals who fell off after a short period of time. As usual, the arcade way of playing the game is far and away the most popular. This is the case every year. I know that may be hard for many of the sim audience to hear, but it is the reality. But I also think many arcade users are playing in a sim fashion. By that I mean, even with all the aids you get in arcade, they still shoot realistic golf scores. The average 18 hole score in arcade right now comes in around -5. With as many users there are that shoot -18 or better, there has to be a lot of even par rounds to get that kind of average.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling on here. Figured this insight would be useful info.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #24
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
The telemetry for the courses played come from any user that is connected to the EA Servers, regardless of what mode is being played (excluding night club cause it doesn't have the "round played" telemetry tag). Career is by far the most played mode so Paracel Storm having the most rounds played and not being in career is extremely impressive. It speaks volumes to just how liked it is.

If you're curious about the gameplay styles those numbers look like this:
70% - Arcade
10% - Tour
10% - Classic
10% - Custom (of these each swing mechanic is used fairly evenly)

Classic style was actually the highest used after the first 2 weeks of the game being out but my guess is it was mostly casuals who fell off after a short period of time. As usual, the arcade way of playing the game is far and away the most popular. This is the case every year. I know that may be hard for many of the sim audience to hear, but it is the reality. But I also think many arcade users are playing in a sim fashion. By that I mean, even with all the aids you get in arcade, they still shoot realistic golf scores. The average 18 hole score in arcade right now comes in around -5. With as many users there are that shoot -18 or better, there has to be a lot of even par rounds to get that kind of average.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling on here. Figured this insight would be useful info.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »