Home

WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1) within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2015, 01:13 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)

Developers of wrestling games may have one of the hardest jobs around as they must try to emulate a scripted/staged event by introducing elements to make it feel like a real event.

In short, that type of juggling has rarely resulted in video games greatness.

The folks at 2K are back (in conjunction with Yukes) to give wrestling another go this year. Last year, I called the game above average -- with promising additions in terms of modes and gameplay features. Everything wasn’t quite working right, but there was hope for the future.

Strangely enough, this year I feel less hope and more disdain for the title. There has been work done, but I’m not sure any of it has made the game truly better -- just different.

Read More - WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Seanzie's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)

I'm surprised the review was rather negative. I feel like this is the best wrestling game since N64 era wrestling games.

Personally, I feel like it's a solid 8 out of 10.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie
I'm surprised the review was rather negative. I feel like this is the best wrestling game since N64 era wrestling games.

Personally, I feel like it's a solid 8 out of 10.
The game is better than this review indicates. No crowd chants? I hear crowd chants during the vast majority of my matches. And also remember, those beloved N64 titles received only slightly above average reviews when the were first released. Now they're these awesome games by the same people that were giving them those reviews. Some have even gone back and retroactively changed the ratings in those games, hoping that people would forget. I remember being baffled that those games couldn't get above a 7. I also give the game an 8 out of 10.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Cman9's Arena

Sounds like this guy hates it. lol
Old 10-30-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Hey 2k, here's an idea...go back to separate buttons for strike and grapple reversals. It was awesome back in the No mercy days, and it would be awesome now.

Still looking forward to trying the game though, as honestly this is the only bad review I've read on it so far. These games will always have bugs, there's just so much going on. But I've gotten over them in the past so I'm sure I can do the same this time around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 02:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Cman9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Hey 2k, here's an idea...go back to separate buttons for strike and grapple reversals. It was awesome back in the No mercy days, and it would be awesome now.

Still looking forward to trying the game though, as honestly this is the only bad review I've read on it so far. These games will always have bugs, there's just so much going on. But I've gotten over them in the past so I'm sure I can do the same this time around.
I agree, no wrestling game has ever been perfect and from what I have seen there have been mostly positive reviews from people. It has a score of 84 on Metacritic so far. I will be getting it.

Last edited by Cman9; 10-30-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:48 PM   #7
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

I absolutely hated last years game, traded it in after about a week. This years game is vastly improved IMO, having a great time with it.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
Shocked at this review really. Lowest review I have seen so far is an 8/10, most a little higher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »