Home

WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1) within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
This game has too many bugs/glitches. 5 out of 10, could easily be an 8/8.5 out of 10 with a good patch. Gameplay IS a lot better but surprised how much love it's getting. The new pinning system is incredibly weak. I can kick out of anything and I play on legend difficulty. Shouldn't be hit with a signature move and kick out before 1 count... 2K shot for the stars but came up short. But again, if they fix the bugs in the game I will be stoked. Until then, I'm putting it away for a while. Not a $60 finished product
Old 10-30-2015, 04:54 PM   #18
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl8934
This game has too many bugs/glitches. 5 out of 10, could easily be an 8/8.5 out of 10 with a good patch. Gameplay IS a lot better but surprised how much love it's getting. The new pinning system is incredibly weak. I can kick out of anything and I play on legend difficulty. Shouldn't be hit with a signature move and kick out before 1 count... 2K shot for the stars but came up short. But again, if they fix the bugs in the game I will be stoked. Until then, I'm putting it away for a while. Not a $60 finished product
Interesting take. I haven't encountered any game-breaking bugs other than the MINB glitch. Maybe I need to play more.

I'm guessing then that you haven't lost a game since you can kick out of any situation? I find the new pinning system just fine. It feels rewarding when you're able to kick out close to a 3 count.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:57 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

First WWE game in over a decade that I didn't want to immediately trade in.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #20

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm always amazed at how personal people take reviews like this. It's as if just because a game is getting positive reviews, or the impressions thread on this site is full of compliments, somehow people demand all reviews fall in line.

OS reviews are always top notch and arguable the most in-depth you will find on the internet. And this is no different.

People worried about this review "misleading" people into not buying this game should find comfort in the fact that there are tons of superficial, 2 paragraph mainstream reviews telling consumers to buy it just because it's new and the graphics are totally awesome.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yes I have lost matches, but let's be real: if I'm in the red and get hit with a signature move, there's no reason in hell the red can't even count to one before I kick out, and it happens very often. Because of this every match has this "going on forever epic match" feel which isn't realistic. And no bugs? You definitely need to play more. Check out the 2k forums, there's a whole list of glitches/bugs, many of which I've encountered: no user created title matches in universe, the invisible celebration glitch if you edit an attire, create an arena crashes frequently when using imported logos, downloaded wrestlers will suddenly have random logos and such appear on them, show will say it's in Los Angeles and then m cole will say how great it is to be back in Texas... And that's just a short list. I do love the new submission system, truly difficult to get a hang of. I've only made one person tap out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 05:16 PM   #22
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3
2K15 was awful I gave up on it after a week. This year I had no interest in the game based purely out of my dislike for 2K15 and the fact I stopped following WWE in general. Despite that I did keep an eye on the development for this game and it looked like they finally were headed in the right direction with these games. Yet it appears that is wrong. Amazing we still have all the same issues in these games we have had for close to 10 years now. I think at this point its going to take a really big miracle to get a very good WWE game out that isn't filled with bugs and issues. This sounds an awful lot like WWE'13 to me a game that had great potential yet was poor in its execution outside of the Attitude Era mode.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #23
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl8934
Yes I have lost matches, but let's be real: if I'm in the red and get hit with a signature move, there's no reason in hell the red can't even count to one before I kick out, and it happens very often. Because of this every match has this "going on forever epic match" feel which isn't realistic. And no bugs? You definitely need to play more. Check out the 2k forums, there's a whole list of glitches/bugs, many of which I've encountered: no user created title matches in universe, the invisible celebration glitch if you edit an attire, create an arena crashes frequently when using imported logos, downloaded wrestlers will suddenly have random logos and such appear on them, show will say it's in Los Angeles and then m cole will say how great it is to be back in Texas... And that's just a short list. I do love the new submission system, truly difficult to get a hang of. I've only made one person tap out
I do agree with the bolded item above. At the very least, it should get to two count. Then again, when this happens to me, I always end up losing or the count gets to two-to-two in a half. That's just me though. Maybe my timing is still off. Also, I didn't say there's no bug in game, every game has bugs. I just haven't encountered any bugs that I consider "Game Breaker". Definitely looking forward to play more and hope and pray I don't encounter any game-breaking bug for my taste.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #24
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
2K15 was awful I gave up on it after a week. This year I had no interest in the game based purely out of my dislike for 2K15 and the fact I stopped following WWE in general. Despite that I did keep an eye on the development for this game and it looked like they finally were headed in the right direction with these games. Yet it appears that is wrong. Amazing we still have all the same issues in these games we have had for close to 10 years now. I think at this point its going to take a really big miracle to get a very good WWE game out that isn't filled with bugs and issues. This sounds an awful lot like WWE'13 to me a game that had great potential yet was poor in its execution outside of the Attitude Era mode.
Have you played the game? I too gave up on '15 after a week but love this game. If you're going by this review only you might want to check Metacritic for some other opinions or better yet try the game via a Redbox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »