Home

Mix, Match, and Mutate in Rocket League in November, Large Hockey Puck in December

This is a discussion on Mix, Match, and Mutate in Rocket League in November, Large Hockey Puck in December within the Rocket League forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Rocket League
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2015, 10:14 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Mix, Match, and Mutate in Rocket League in November, Large Hockey Puck in December

Psyonix plans to release another free Rocket League update in November allowing players to “Mutate” their matches with a multitude of cool presets and custom settings, check out the trailer here. The trailer shows a large hockey puck is coming in the free December update.

UPDATE: (11-9) The Rocket League 1.08 patch (Mutators) is available now, here's the link for the patch notes.

Quote:
Want to play low-gravity “Moonball” with extra boost? It’s possible! Want to relive classic Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars game modes like “Cubic” and “Time Warp?” You can!

Whatever your preference, you’ll be able to find your favorite gameplay combinations in just a few short weeks from now, when Mutators invade Rocket League! Once they arrive, you’ll be able to create new Custom Matches with the rules and settings made especially from your tastes, while our sweet “Mutator Mashup” playlist allows you to enjoy pre-determined weirdo matches in public games like you’ve never seen them before.

More details on the free Rocket League update will be revealed on their official Twitch channel at 5:00 PM ET, tomorrow, October 29.

Source - PlayStation.Blog

Platform: PC / PS4
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Mix, Match, and Mutate in Rocket League in November, Large Hockey Puck in Decembe

Nice. This is a direction I saw the game going in.

I think when it comes time for rocket league 2, the game will be a full 60 dollar disc release and have tons and tons of game modes/modifiers (imagine a multi ball match, or a match with teleport portals around the map) as well as a full fledged league mode.

I think the core gameplay here is going to spawn a huge, almost endlessly customizable experience eventually

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:38 PM   #3
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Nice. This is a direction I saw the game going in.

I think when it comes time for rocket league 2, the game will be a full 60 dollar disc release and have tons and tons of game modes/modifiers (imagine a multi ball match, or a match with teleport portals around the map) as well as a full fledged league mode.

I think the core gameplay here is going to spawn a huge, almost endlessly customizable experience eventually
I don't think there is going to be a RL2. I could be wrong but they seem like the kind of people to wait for the next generation to make a new game. Personally, I hope they don't do a RL2 just so they can keep improving their current platform which is already amazing.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Mix, Match, and Mutate in Rocket League in November, Large Hockey Puck in Decembe

What the hell is time warp? Hmm...
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #5
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What the hell is time warp? Hmm...
Any car approaching the ball enters slow motion, allows you to hit the ball how you want. It was also in the last game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Any car approaching the ball enters slow motion, allows you to hit the ball how you want. It was also in the last game.
So it's slow-motion for everybody online as well? That would be frustrating as someone who is not going after the ball, haha.

Seems more like a single player feature for me, though I'd prefer to leave that one disabled for sure.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #7
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
So it's slow-motion for everybody online as well? That would be frustrating as someone who is not going after the ball, haha.

Seems more like a single player feature for me, though I'd prefer to leave that one disabled for sure.

I'm not sure how it's gonna playout in multiplayer for rocket league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2015, 11:48 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Just played an online game with Time Warp. Not how this game is supposed to be played. It basically felt like playing online with slowdown issues. I can only see using this if I was new to the game and did it in SP (where it only slowed down around me and not other CPU cars).

Then played a game with low gravity, and that was certainly a fun and interesting experience. Went OT and I scored the game winning goal. We won 1-0. Very neat mutator type.

The main problem with mutators is you get so used to one mutator type even after just playing with it for one game. After playing with a big ball for one game, the normal ball feels tiny. After the low gravity thing, I'm willing to bet cars will feel really heavy, etc.

For the most part, I'll just stick with ranked gameplay and no mutators. It should be fun to jump back to that every so often, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Rocket League »