Home

Super Mega Baseball - Extra Innings DLC Available Now For PS4, Patch 1.02 Details

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball - Extra Innings DLC Available Now For PS4, Patch 1.02 Details within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Super Mega Baseball - Extra Innings DLC Available Now For PS4, Patch 1.02 Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
It's a modern take on Bad News with some Baseball Stars thrown in. Seasons,stats, customization are all in. The pitching and hitting mechanics are fun. Each player has hot/cold streaks based on how the game is going.
Sweet! Thanks!
Might have to check this out.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:57 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Super Mega Baseball - Extra Innings DLC Available Now For PS4, Patch 1.02 Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Really? You're enjoying it?

A game I loved back in the day was Bad News Baseball.
Despite its cartoony look it was actually quite deep with stats and strategy.
Every player had ratings for each defensive position. With injuries, this made things a lot more interesting.
I still remember when my A+ SS went down I was forced to move a guy, who was a C+ in the 6-hole.
He bobbled so many balls I was pulling my hair out. But it was great having to manage things like that.

I've always thought if someone else made a fun game with the same level of depth, I would probably buy it.

Are there seasons, stats, standings, etc?
i love it.
its my fav baseball game since probably mlb the show 2012.
i played it more than the show this year.
the framerate is batter. the hit variety is better. and i like the pitching better.

dont think there are injuries. but it tracks stats. and you can edit every player.

i dream of a hockey game just like this.

i think you can try a demo of the game now. they just put it up last week.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:16 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Been playing this again recently. So much fun. I'm 12 games into a 48 game season and I'm 6-6 at Ego 75. The only thing I'd say is off stats-wise from the rest of the league is Walks, but they DO happen for both pitching and hitting so it's a little easier to deal with.

For about the first 7 games I played with the default Beewolves team, but I went looking for some info on the game and found that the CPU teams do "progress" their players as the games and seasons go on, same as you can do with the coach system in the game. In other words, you'll eventually fall behind if you completely ignore it.

My playing style is a bit different from what most people would choose - I'm using the two "power" options for hitting and pitching exclusively. That's the only way to get "scores" of above 60 or so on both hitting and pitching, and it's definitely the only way to play on Ego 75 without getting utterly destroyed. It results in natural inaccuracy when pitching as it's not exactly easy to stop the cursor right in my aim location, and it also forces me to throw off the plate a good portion of the time because the CPU will mash most anything thrown over it. For hitting, I have to have a good eye because it throws plenty of junk, and the square button is basically a "step" mechanic that will penalize me if my timing is poor.

I'll try to post a video of some of my gameplay later so you can see how my games are playing out. It's actually quite realistic results for what looks like a purely arcade game. It's the same sort of appeal that Hot Shots Golf has to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 06:38 PM   #12
Pro

Polo Bandit's Arena

OVR: 7

I feel dumb for having to post this, but I can't find it on the PlayStation store for PS3. Is it still available?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »