Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Vision Trailer, Ships Spring 2016

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Vision Trailer, Ships Spring 2016 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Vision Trailer, Ships Spring 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
Ok...this seems like it will have the bells and whistles...reading between the lines

1. Event mode
2. Live Event mode
3. Ultimate Team (Wtf is that? Universe Mode maybe?)
4. Female CAF (i could care less about that personally)
5. Both female weight classes (that will be tough because even after TUF most fans could not name the top ten female straw weights. But I welcome them to the game.

6. based off of our resident game changers response Universe Mode will be in whatever name it goes by

The only thing they really left out was gameplay...they said they listened to the fans...the only problem I have seen some really dumb ideas put forth by fans...so I am optimistic.
I never said that unless you are referring to someone else. I cant talk about or confirm any modes until EA says so.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
Ok...this seems like it will have the bells and whistles...reading between the lines

1. Event mode
2. Live Event mode
3. Ultimate Team (Wtf is that? Universe Mode maybe?)
4. Female CAF (i could care less about that personally)
5. Both female weight classes (that will be tough because even after TUF most fans could not name the top ten female straw weights. But I welcome them to the game.

6. based off of our resident game changers response Universe Mode will be in whatever name it goes by

The only thing they really left out was gameplay...they said they listened to the fans...the only problem I have seen some really dumb ideas put forth by fans...so I am optimistic.
Ummm...the card collecting mode from Live, Madden, FIFA, NHL. Not 100% positive but there is a 99% it's that.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:09 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

If they borrow heavily from Diamond Dynasty (despite its flaws) they could put together a really fun UT type mode. Hopefully it works out to be more like an online career with a CAF than getting a Rousey card and putting that on a 'team'. There are ways they could make the latter work, with cool downs and what not, but I'd prefer the former.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #12

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Ummm...the card collecting mode from Live, Madden, FIFA, NHL. Not 100% positive but there is a 99% it's that.

But how would that work in a UFC game? Tag team?
Old 11-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
But how would that work in a UFC game? Tag team?
No idea...
Old 11-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #14

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
No idea...

I'm sure they'll try to make it work, whether it makes sense or not. EA needs to micro transactions.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Ultimate team more then likely will be Hall of Fame fighters and just former old school fighters from Pride and UFC. Probably will be fighters like:

Matt Hughes
Pat Miltech
Randy Couture
Mark Coleman
Caol Uno
Dan Severen
Dan Frye
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2015, 07:19 PM   #16
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I hope the pace and move-set chills out a bit - for me the first game felt a tad arcade-ish and that was evident in the numbers of a typical match, even with the accelerated clock. I think THQ's '09 and ufc3 versions were better paced and balanced.

I want everything to be more weight-y and to really feel that when controlling the characters as well.

I hope things can get messy as well, it would be cool to see more organic clinching when 2 players are both moving 'forward' and get tied up, and either work it or get a breather from there. Dynamic, automatic head-movement (w/ some torso included as well) would be a great addition to combat sports games as well, lowering accuracy and more importantly clean connects.

Most matches I feel like half the shots a player is getting BLASTED that would KO anyone irl ... if we can get flash knockdowns/wabbles on those and tone down the total super clean shots it will organically help the pace. On one hand you'd want to time and setup your big shots better to get a cleaner shot with a bigger payoff and on the defensive side, you're more worried about that to leave openings and when people are throwing at the same time it's more of those jaw clenching 'hold on to your butts' moments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »