Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Vision Trailer, Ships Spring 2016

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Vision Trailer, Ships Spring 2016 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2015, 08:59 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Vision Trailer, Ships Spring 2016

Its funny to see all of the theories on what Ultimate Team is. The Gamechangers had many of the some theories/guesses.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:08 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its funny to see all of the theories on what Ultimate Team is. The Gamechangers had many of the some theories/guesses.
I really don't know what it is. Because it's a one person sport. It doesn't make sense for it to be like the Ultimate Teams we all know and love. Because you have regular old play now where you can choose any fighter instead of buying packs, or cards in an AH house.

What is your theory, if you are allowed to tell us?
Old 11-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #19
Rookie

Pause screen at the :20 sec mark.. still no in-game instant replay?? Why is it so hard to implement this? Hope this is just really early and that they're planning on adding it.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I really don't know what it is. Because it's a one person sport. It doesn't make sense for it to be like the Ultimate Teams we all know and love. Because you have regular old play now where you can choose any fighter instead of buying packs, or cards in an AH house.

What is your theory, if you are allowed to tell us?
I cant tell you if I was right or wrong before Friday but my theory was based on the name. Ultimate Team is the brand that EA uses in Fifa, Madden, NHL and Live so my expectation when I first heard the name was that it would be similar to that.

A card based game w/ cards with everyone on the roster, plus cards for arenas, refs, ring girls etc.

Cant tell you if I was right or wrong yet but I had expectations based on the name.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:18 AM   #21
Rookie

We should so have tendencies for each fighter and editable rosters that we can upload. Ohhhh the possibilities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2015, 02:20 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
But how would that work in a UFC game? Tag team?
You probably will be able to create your own logo, team name, colors, etc. They will throw together the usual packs of "cards" containing multiple fighters, trainers, (wishful thinking most likely consumable cards like kick power +whatever) and I would like to say recovery items, but what combat fighting games ever had injuries or correct stamina? Which is strange since there are probably more injuries in combat sports than any other sport, but I'm off topic. It's probably gonna just be standard EA sports UT.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:36 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Dynamic, automatic head-movement (w/ some torso included as well) would be a great addition to combat sports games as well, lowering accuracy and more importantly clean connects.

Most matches I feel like half the shots a player is getting BLASTED that would KO anyone irl ... if we can get flash knockdowns/wabbles on those and tone down the total super clean shots it will organically help the pace. On one hand you'd want to time and setup your big shots better to get a cleaner shot with a bigger payoff and on the defensive side, you're more worried about that to leave openings and when people are throwing at the same time it's more of those jaw clenching 'hold on to your butts' moments.
Totally agree on all accounts, especially the bolded part.
Using a fighters defensive attributes, as well as the opponents accuracy, there should be some AI-controlled head-movements, slight misses, or all out misses.

IRL, if a fighter takes a massive bomb directly to the chin, 90% of the time, it's a KO or leads to a stoppage.

I understand it's a viddya game so there's going to be some slight exaggerations, but I would love a hardcore mode where this kind of stuff comes into play.

I've never actually played a UFC game before, but in last years version, were their ratings for each punch and kick?
Right Uppercut
Left jab
Left Low Kick
Right High Kick
etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx2khazard
We should so have tendencies for each fighter and editable rosters that we can upload. Ohhhh the possibilities
Victorious Boxers for the PS2 was one of the best games I've ever played.
On the climb to the championship you would face a number of different fighters all with different ratings and tendancies.

One opponent had a hammer for a right-hand and concrete chin. He was slow as molasses so you had to dive in and out of the pocket to wear him out and avoid his right hand.
Another opponent had crazy hand-speed and a wicked jab. So you had to bob-and-weave and cut off the ring in order to trap him and wail away.
The champ was damn near impossible because he was a master at counter punching.

Every fight felt organic because each opponent brought something different to the table.
It wasn't a button masher, and it forced you to really utitlize your fighters strengths and come up with a gameplan in order to win.

This is something that has been lacking in EA's Fight Night series, but I hope we can get more of this with UFC2.

Last edited by Money99; 11-11-2015 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:15 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I have the Japanese version and you making me want to play it again

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »