Home

Ronda Rousey is the Lead Cover Athlete For EA Sports UFC 2 - New Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on Ronda Rousey is the Lead Cover Athlete For EA Sports UFC 2 - New Trailer Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2015, 06:19 PM   #17
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ronda Rousey is the Lead Cover Athlete For EA Sports UFC 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
She's overrated? Lol.

And it's "could NOT care less".
Unfortunately, Ronda's name cannot be mentioned without vitriolic hyperbole thrown out by the anti-Rousey crowd. I admire their passion, people legitimately dedicate time and effort to hating Ronda. I respect the hustle, but it gets a little much sometimes.

The haters reacting to the cover (not referencing a poster on this board, just in general out there on the internet) are hilarious to me.

Take off the Hate Shades and look at it realistically.....

Who else would it be?

Really they had two options, IMO. Conor or Ronda. I mean are they gonna put Joanna on the cover? Jon Jones (of course not), Weidman and Lawler just aren't household names either. Werdum? I wish, but no, not realistic.

Realistically Ronda or Conor are really the only two who make sense.

If somebody argued for DC, I could maybe give you that one.

You guys gotta keep in mind this:

EA knows that we are gonna buy the game. Those of us who care enough to really know who deserves to be on a cover or not are gonna buy the game regardless. Hardcore MMA fans need games like this.

EA wants to sell the game to people going into buy Madden, The Show, 2k, etc, and see the game on the shelf and think "hey why not." You need a face they recognize. They also want to sell games to mom's who don't know better who are buying their kids games for a birthday or christmas. A tattoo'd up Conor might scare off some of those sales. Ronda is a smart, safe bet for mass appeal

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 11-14-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Ronda Rousey is the Lead Cover Athlete For EA Sports UFC 2 - New Trailer Revealed

No chance DC makes the cover. His PPVs don't even sell. Maybe it's the 'paper championship' folks that aren't buying them but right now I think Lawler and Weidman are considerably bigger draws than him, and Conor (if he wins) is bigger than any of them.

Edit: And I don't like Rousey, but I can see when someone is dominating their sport. She is doing it, Jones is/was doing it, Ronda is doing it more.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:40 PM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Ronda Rousey is the Lead Cover Athlete For EA Sports UFC 2 - New Trailer Revealed

Isnt the second cover athlete being chosen as part of a vote? EA isnt choosing it right?
Old 11-14-2015, 07:09 PM   #20
MVP

I haven't seen them say yet. If so it'll either be Conor or if they put him on there and enough people have a sense of humor Diaz.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:14 AM   #21
MVP

Welp. Guess the EA curse is real.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2015, 01:15 AM   #22
Rookie

Oinkersthepig's Arena

OVR: 0

Thought Connor was going to be the second person for sure, but now the only way the cover would make sense is if it's Holm.

Must be hard trying to pick a cover athlete for a sport like this. 1 or 2 losses can take you from the very top to the bottom extremely quickly.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:07 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 6

Great to see her get blasted by a girl that stands on her feet and throws punches. Just heard Holly was a former boxer

Last edited by bakan723; 11-15-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:59 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
She's considerably more dominant than Jones. She's finished every opponent, mostly in the first round. Jones hasn't.
She fought in a weak field of female fighters and used her judo skills that gave her an advantage with controlling fighters and then locking them into arm bars. Well, she got absolutely destroyed by Holm and I was not shocked to see it happen.

Like I said previously, I like Rousey as an athlete, but the hype machine was WAY over the top. The idea that she was more dominate than Jones was RIDICULOUS. It was all media hype to push the female agenda in this country and it was fantastic to see her get beat down because it was also a knockout for the BS media talking about Rousey in a blatant effort to relegate men in a male dominated sport as being 2nd tier to the women, and it was total BS.

Great job, Holm! You destroyed the myth of Rousey and her overall dominance of the sport of MMA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »