Home

Konami Announces All Existing PES 2016 Users Get UEFA Euro 2016 Content Free

This is a discussion on Konami Announces All Existing PES 2016 Users Get UEFA Euro 2016 Content Free within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Konami Announces All Existing PES 2016 Users Get UEFA Euro 2016 Content Free

In an attempt at the ultimate make-good, Konami announced on their blog today that all existing users of PES 2016 will get UEFA Euro 2016 content free.

Quote:
"'It has been a difficult few months for the fans, with a lot of confidence lost in how we have been delivering content in our recent Data Packs, with some items missing that our consumers expected', explained Erik Bladinieres, Football & Alliances Director. 'The PES Production team appreciate their fans’ support and want to put things right. The team want to reward their support and bring back confidence in the Data Pack releases. With this announcement we hope we can regain their trust. The next Data Pack is scheduled for early December, including the Maracana stadium long-awaited by our Brazilian fans, more faces, new national team kits just announced in early November, club teams and the player roster which was confirmed on October 19th. Please wait for further announcement details. We promise for this issue to be resolved in the near future and will strive to keep delivering quality content to our fans, for free. What the UEFA EURO 2016 content will be has to be defined, but all content delivered byData Pack featuring EURO for next year's prestigious tournament will be free for all existing users."

First off, good for Konami for realizing things haven't gone well and trying to find a tangible way to make things better for existing customers. The UEFA Euro 2016 content is going to be very valuable and its not just a small thing to give what could have been a huge revenue booster away.

Secondly, hopefully this whole thing has been a wake up call to the folks behind PES to make sure that this doesn't happen again. As you may recall, updated rosters in PES 2016 didn't come with the game -- and subsequent updates didn't fully resolve the issue.

With this move though, it looks like Konami is on the path towards recovery, which is good news indeed!
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Wow, I had no idea they were planning to charge us for that. That would have been pretty lame considering how easy it is to just set up the Euro Cup tournament, emblem and all. I'd love to know what else would be included.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well, there's of course a chance that they'll only have a couple stadiums and they won't have all the teams correctly licensed anyway. Free is free though. Haven't even played it since FIFA came out though.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:42 AM   #4
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Konami Announces All Existing PES 2016 Users Get UEFA Euro 2016 Content Free

I'm not touching this DLC until multiple people have installed to make sure it doesn't screw up all the editing that I have done to my database.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:16 PM   #5

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Konami Announces All Existing PES 2016 Users Get UEFA Euro 2016 Content Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Wow, I had no idea they were planning to charge us for that. That would have been pretty lame considering how easy it is to just set up the Euro Cup tournament, emblem and all. I'd love to know what else would be included.

If they're giving it away free, I'm guessing it's going to be pretty minimal. Sort of like the World Cup mode they added in 2014, which cost about $5. It'll just be another tournament mode (like the UCL), but with different style menus and music, obviously.

They're going to need to license more national teams, though, because there are too many fake players and fake kits in there right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 02:41 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
I would assume the Euro mode will add some features, such as bespoke commentary, all of the licensed teams and stadiums, and all the correct face scans for the players featuring, which will be a nice addition to the licensed content. Here's hoping anyway
Old 11-20-2015, 09:02 AM   #7
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyfantastic
I would assume the Euro mode will add some features, such as bespoke commentary, all of the licensed teams and stadiums, and all the correct face scans for the players featuring, which will be a nice addition to the licensed content. Here's hoping anyway
There's no way they're giving all that away for free. Licenses cost a lot of money you know. That's why I think this DLC will be very minimal in terms of content they're giving away. Me personally, if Konami is not going to go all out with this mode and just give it away for free, they should have let EA keep it.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #8
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Also kind of a drag that the roster update will only be accurate as of October 19th. I realize there wouldn't be any transfers during that period, but seriously, how hard is it to duplicate the "Live Update" roster on a semi frequent basis, so that player attributes and starting lineups are current.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the game play this year, but it's criminal how badly Konami have (once again) botched every aspect in regards to game updates. Completely unacceptable considering they're fighting an uphill battle against such a huge competitor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »