Home

FIFA 16 Title Update #4 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Title Update #4 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2015, 12:54 PM   #9
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Thanksgiving Day Patch

Defensive awareness and responsiveness is largely improved with this patch. Also ball feels more free and movement while dribbling is great. I can't believe this game gets better and better. Some kind of virus must have infected the EA devs...
Old 11-27-2015, 12:56 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Defensive awareness and responsiveness is largely improved with this patch. Also ball feels more free and movement while dribbling is great. I can't believe this game gets better and better. Some kind of virus must have infected the EA devs...
Lol. Exactly how I feel.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #11
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I played one game with the new sliders, on default, and I was obviously very unhappy. So, if I'm learning anything here, it's that I still don't like this game on defaults. C'est la vie.

I then tried v4 of my sliders and, although the gameplay has changed considerably, it was a MUCH better experience.

This new patch, IMO, is the most significant changes yet to gameplay since the original release. I'm still not sure what to think of it, but I'll trust Matt that it could be an improvement overall. Jury is still out. I'll play a few more games today.

Here is what I was noticing that made me cringe. If I'm the only one seeing these issues, it could be too small of a sample:

1. The CPU was playing over the top through balls repeatedly and playing a high line, even 50, was going to be perilous. It was also very gimmicky looking, like the one way the CPU could beat me was with crazy / unrealistic looking counter attacks. Conversely, I was noting that even my speedy players were having a hard time separating, even with knock-on dribbling. This is something I think EA get wrong this year. The fastest players in the world, when they are ahead of a slow moving defender (lumbering centerbacks, especially), they should not REQUIRE knock-on dribbling to stay out in front. It's just stupid and it drives me crazy.

2. The CPU's magical tackling was back. Again, hoping this was just because I only played two games, but the CPU was having super uncanny tackles / last second blocks of all my shots.

So, in two games, I drew 1-1 with Derby County and I beat Leicester 3-0.

Not a big deal, right?

ALL FOUR OF MY GOALS WERE FROM PENALTIES! hahaha...oh, FIFA...

Happy Black Friday, lads. xo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I would give it several games on default before adjusting line settings, etc. They have the line settings on point at the moment. The defenders are stepping to meet the attackers, the reactions throughout the pitch are great. I think the tackles are 50/50 honestly. The possession percentages are accurate, but the passing percentages still aren't fixed.

I'm messing about on 'on the ball' slider values (pass error, pass speed, shot speed, gk, etc) just to see what limits we can reach. I'm liking the line settings quite a bit as is though.

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Old 11-27-2015, 04:17 PM   #13
Rookie

Tonyafc23's Arena

OVR: 0

Will i need to restart my career for the gameplay changes to take affect when it lands on ps4? Really excited reading about defensive improvement.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #14
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafc23
Will i need to restart my career for the gameplay changes to take affect when it lands on ps4? Really excited reading about defensive improvement.
As usual (always), no.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #15
Rookie

Tonyafc23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
As usual (always), no.
Thanks for your response i have searched before asking but you get different answers. No real faces added?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 04:22 PM   #16
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafc23
Thanks for your response i have searched before asking but you get different answers
I feel ya. A lot of people post dumb things about patches, including me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »