Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.05 Available Now

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.05 Available Now within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2015, 10:14 PM   #9
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.05 Available Now

Still have this game and play it regularly. Them adding the M1 driver is awesome and gives me hope maybe they'll add some more clothing/shoe options for create-a-player and newer clubs as they're released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-25-2015, 07:38 AM   #10
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Nicely done EA. Really can't complain about another free, official course.

The addition of those game modes helps alot too.

Say what you will of the release state of this title, but it's come quite a long ways, and they're making good on what they said they'd do IMO. Maybe a little slower than I'd like, but got to understand it takes time.

No complaints here. Nice job EA
Old 11-25-2015, 08:46 AM   #11
Rookie

catcherforbaseball's Arena

OVR: 1

Really impressed. Love the progress this game has made. I am enjoying my purchase more and more as the months progress.

Just add attribute progression throughout all modes and this game will be straight cash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 02:33 AM   #12
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

It's good to read progress reports like this. I think eventually this game has a chance of becoming what I'd envisioned it might be, I'm just amazed at how many of what we considered stock features: turn-based multiplayer featuring alternate shot, best-ball, matchplay, Country Clubs, Live "connected" tournaments, a useable player-perspective presentation option, configurable HUD options, etc., weren't in this "Next_Gen" golf game out the outset. It seems like at least some of them are gradually making their way back in. I know once they provide an option to turn of the tempo bubble meter and enable real time, hole-by-hole scoring for Live Tournaments, I'll buy it.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:37 PM   #13
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
Courses are looking very similar now with universal textures being used across many of them.
A liittle disappointed with the same trees & mulch being used continually,starting to feel like I'm playing The Golf Club.
I agree, Not every course has the same sand trap color except when you are playing RM. Grass tones should be different too. I feel like Quail Hollow could be a poor mans Augusta in a way.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
I agree, Not every course has the same sand trap color except when you are playing RM. Grass tones should be different too. I feel like Quail Hollow could be a poor mans Augusta in a way.
EA takes the laser-scanned course data including textures, trees, and other objects and scans that data into the game. The artists then complete the course using the data and colors from those scans. I don't think the courses are generic at all.....maybe Handsward can pop in and respond.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 11-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherforbaseball
Really impressed. Love the progress this game has made. I am enjoying my purchase more and more as the months progress.

Just add attribute progression throughout all modes and this game will be straight cash.

I hear ya, catcher. I was one that kept the game hoping EA would follow through. I love the fact we have Quail Hollow, never had that before on any system that I can remember.

You and I have had the conversation about leveling up in the career mode, so I totally agree that attribute progression in every single mode would be nice.

But, overall, glad new stuff keeps coming out. I was skeptical, but I'm eating crow now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 12:17 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just picked the game up last night. Played for several hours today. Keeping in mind that I benefited immediately from the latest update...as the game stands now, I'm very impressed. I could see myself playing this for a long time to come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »