Home

Winner of Aldo vs. McGregor will Join Ronda Rousey on the EA Sports UFC 2 Cover

This is a discussion on Winner of Aldo vs. McGregor will Join Ronda Rousey on the EA Sports UFC 2 Cover within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2015, 10:31 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Winner of Aldo vs. McGregor will Join Ronda Rousey on the EA Sports UFC 2 Cover

EA has just announced that the winner of the Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor fight at UFC 194 on Saturday, December 12 will join Ronda Rousey on the cover of EA Sports UFC 2. If the fight ends in a draw, EA reserves the right to select the athlete(s) used for the cover.

Read the full press release below.

Winner of the Main Event at UFC 194 to Join Ronda Rousey on the Cover of EA SPORTS UFC 2 Out Spring 2016

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced UFC® featherweight champion Jose Aldo and UFC interim featherweight champion Conor McGregor, will Fight for the Cover to join EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2 cover athlete, “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey. For the first time in EA SPORTS history, the winner of a real-world sporting event will get the opportunity to be included on a game’s cover. The cover will be revealed immediately after the undisputed world featherweight championship at UFC® 194: ALDO vs. McGREGOR on Saturday, December 12 at the MGM Grand® Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.*

“The main event at UFC 194 between Jose Aldo and Conor McGregor is without a doubt one of the most anticipated events in UFC history,” UFC President Dana White said. “Aldo and McGregor are two of the biggest stars in the world and it’s fitting that next Saturday night the winner not only becomes the undisputed UFC featherweight champion, but also the second global cover athlete of EA SPORTS UFC 2.”

Fight fans can participate in the biggest fight of the year by predicting the winner through UFC.com/EASPORTS. Fans can pick the round, as well as determine if Aldo or McGregor will win by submission, knockout, or decision, and witness their prediction come to life through a unique gameplay video shareable on social channels.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 10:55 AM   #2
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Aldo & McGregor Fight for the EA Sports UFC 2 Cover

I would prefer the cover be Rounda Rousey lying on the mat with Holm standing over her.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Winner of Aldo vs. McGregor will Join Ronda Rousey on the EA Sports UFC 2 Cover

I'm surprised they'd 'risk' putting Aldo on there. I know it doesn't matter much, but he's not as marketable as a few other choices they could make.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:29 PM   #4
Pro

I want McGregor, if Aldo wins he won't fight for like a year
Old 12-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Winner of Aldo vs. McGregor will Join Ronda Rousey on the EA Sports UFC 2 Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I'm surprised they'd 'risk' putting Aldo on there. I know it doesn't matter much, but he's not as marketable as a few other choices they could make.
I like that they're doing it this way. Aldo has held down that division forever. If he beats McGregor, why not put him on? Gus hadn't accomplished **** except fighting Bones close and he was on there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Aldo's 'earned' it in the octagon for sure, especially if he beats McGregor. I guess if he does that'll increase his recognition quite a bit.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:47 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Aldo's 'earned' it in the octagon for sure, especially if he beats McGregor. I guess if he does that'll increase his recognition quite a bit.
Yep. Plus he's the PvP best fighter in the world according to the rankings. If he crushes Conor his recognition will skyrocket.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:40 AM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yep. Plus he's the PvP best fighter in the world according to the rankings. If he crushes Conor his recognition will skyrocket.
I don't see him crushing Conor though. Conor is gonna win that one easily in 2 rounds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »