Home

MLB The Show 16 Details - Standard, MVP & Digital Deluxe Editions Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Details - Standard, MVP & Digital Deluxe Editions Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2015, 05:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Some More MLB 16 The Show Details - Standard, MVP & Digital Deluxe Editions Revea

Can we get fielding that doesn't look like something out of the N64 days? Momentum doesn't exist.

Also can we actually get an Online franchise that isn't barebones and glitchy? It wasn't even touched in 15. Broken bullpen missing reliever glitch. Lack of a changing schedule from year to year. Terrible player progression. Pitchers should not gain velocity. Becomes very hard to hit in season 3 of an online franchise when a guy is throwing 101 and has a slow changeup. The game is slipping and has basically many of the same animations since the PS2 days. Lack of competition is holding this game back.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #10
Rookie

Denzel Washington's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Some More MLB 16 The Show Details - Standard, MVP & Digital Deluxe Editions Revea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlord64
Can we get fielding that doesn't look like something out of the N64 days? Momentum doesn't exist.

Also can we actually get an Online franchise that isn't barebones and glitchy? It wasn't even touched in 15. Broken bullpen missing reliever glitch. Lack of a changing schedule from year to year. Terrible player progression. Pitchers should not gain velocity. Becomes very hard to hit in season 3 of an online franchise when a guy is throwing 101 and has a slow changeup. The game is slipping and has basically many of the same animations since the PS2 days. Lack of competition is holding this game back.
It's likely that the fielding mechanic is optional and will be non existent online. I wouldn't worry to much about it.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #11
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

No mention of a new commentary team. They would of had my interest if gary thorne and harold reynolds were part of the new to the show list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #12
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I'm curious to know more about the "showtime" feature. At first seeing it on the video, my initial reaction was "NO" but after reading the brief description of it, it has me in intrigued because it sounds like they are trying to give you more control of the games outcome in key situations, like getting a better chance to hit the ball in the gap to clear the bases.
To early to judge but my initial reaction is no as well. I don't want it to be easier. Or get me "In the moment" Baseball is a Rocket fast gm. Not quick time events.

Can't wait for online franchise details though.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #13
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
No mention of a new commentary team. They would of had my interest if gary thorne and harold reynolds were part of the new to the show list.
Did you not see the deluxe ultra mega edition package for mlb 16 the show? It only cost 2.5 million dollars but in that package it includes your very own personal 3 man commentary crew who will personally sit in your living room and commentate every game you play.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
I knew there had to be someone on planet earth who liked Harold Reynolds. Here he is everyone please don't point and laugh.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #15
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: MLB The Show 16 Details - Standard, MVP & Digital Deluxe Editions Revealed

Interesting choice going "max Payne bullet time".
Will you need to have amphetamines in your inventory to trigger it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #16
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero84
I knew there had to be someone on planet earth who liked Harold Reynolds. Here he is everyone please don't point and laugh.
Whats wrong with reynolds? I dont get it. Any improvement over what we have been stuck with years i welcome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »